TJ up and coming collectible

For a guy that makes his living specializing in Jeeps one would think he’d at least get his facts right in the video. Dana 35 front axle? TJ with 2,500 lb tow capacity? Electric lockers on TJ Rubicon’s?

I think we all want a stock jeep to start with because it's easier to start from a blank slate than discovering and undoing all the stupid crap that previous owners do.

Yeah, but that's real hard to find in older Jeeps. Mine was almost stock, a few cosmetic mods and larger tires. I'm documenting everything I do to it and using quality parts, so I *hope* I'm not damaging resale. Not going crazy, just a mild lift and larger wheels/tires at some point. Probably finish off with a regear, maybe rear locker, and leave it at that.

Yea but who wants a stock jeep ?

Me! I didn't want one that was modified and messed up which makes maintenance a nightmare. The prior owner put on new front and rear bumpers and I've been thinking of purchasing used original bumpers. I just prefer the original look and have zero desire to do any sort of rock crawling. They also put on rock sliders which I'd get rid of too but then there would be holes in the body so I'll just leave them on. I'll use the Jeep to get to trailheads, but that's the extent of my offroading desire.

Reactions: TJPurist