TJ won't start

Pmoney

Hey there. I need some help. My Jeep died on the trail in January and we couldn’t jump start it either. It has been sitting on a ranch till Sunday. I replaced the alternator and battery and it started up perfectly! I was able to drive it home and park it. The next day I was hoping to drive it but it wouldn’t start! It would click then an alarm would go off (small beep sound) and the gauges were going up and down even when I took the keys out. It would stop when I disconnected the battery. Today I replaced the terminals and then tried to start it but no luck just a click but no beeping an gauge issues. Help a brotha out! Thank you

Hey there. I need some help. My Jeep died on the trail in January and we couldn’t jump start it either. It has been sitting on a ranch till Sunday. I replaced the alternator and battery and it started up perfectly! I was able to drive it home and park it. The next day I was hoping to drive it but it wouldn’t start! It would click then an alarm would go off (small beep sound) and the gauges were going up and down even when I took the keys out. It would stop when I disconnected the battery. Today I replaced the terminals and then tried to start it but no luck just a click but no beeping an gauge issues. Help a brotha out! Thank you

Hope you kept the battery and alternator,you have a wiring problem

Check the voltage on the battery.

Likely you have a phantom draw draining the battery when you think the Jeep is completely off.

Get that battery on a charger.

Find or purchase a clamping ammeter...some pretty affordable ones at HF...you basically put the clamp around a wire and it'll tell you how much power is being drawn. Once you've narrowed down where that power drain is coming from you can fix the problem.

Or just disconnect the battery when you're not running the Jeep...for now.

Good luck!

-Mac