TJForum Cancel Culture

Farmergreg

The work will set you free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Sad trend going on here at the TJforum. (sadly even this forum mirrors the country) If you don't agree! cancel time!.

Reread some of these "build threads" where everyone was learning and compare those early posts to what's being posted lately. Seems this place has locked into "group think" of how the build should be, if you differ from that build.....cancel time.

Examples:
If you don't want to build your TJ my way, Ignored.
If you dare question anything in my build plan, Ignored.
If I point out your need to interject discussion of YOUR mods into everyone else's thread, Ignored.

Further funsies:
You don't see their posts but the weak skinned can continue to monitor your posts in the shadows if they wish.
And some are allowed to block moderators? What the hell is the point of having moderators?

How to correct this trend:

!. Do we need to know your personal opinion ad nauseam? STFU and move on.

2. Not all TJ's are used the same way, nor need to be built the same way. (This is a shocker)

3. If you can please "help" jump in. If all you can offer is chest beating of what you did: STFU and move on.

4. Ditto for subjective opinion of what looks good. STFU and move on.

Great post I agree and I'll add this:

How about the OP on the MLB post calls someone a douchebag for saying Let's go Brandon, Then I'm blocked for telling the OP he is the douchebag for not knowing sports are political.

I guess if you run to Mom like a baby you can get whatever you want. If you don't like what I or anyone else says just use ignore, no need to run to Mommy because your butt hurts.

Last edited:
I think some of the frustration comes from newer members asking the same redundant questions over and over without any effort to search for those topics and doing a little reading on their own to get at least a minimum of background on the topic. I know it frustrates me to see "What type of oil should I use? What size tires for a 3" lift? But it's not my site and I just ignore them as mentioned above.

There is a lot of blocking/ignoring that seems to occur and it’s very strange. It’s an Internet forum, it’s easy enough to skip over/not read someone’s posts. I’ve never agreed with the childish “blocking” of people.

Sad trend going on here at the TJforum. (sadly even this forum mirrors the country) If you don't agree! cancel time!.

Reread some of these "build threads" where everyone was learning and compare those early posts to what's being posted lately. Seems this place has locked into "group think" of how the build should be, if you differ from that build.....cancel time.
Well, it is a point of view.

Examples:
If you don't want to build your TJ my way, Ignored.
If you dare question anything in my build plan, Ignored.
If I point out your need to interject discussion of YOUR mods into everyone else's thread, Ignored.

Further funsies:
You don't see their posts but the weak skinned can continue to monitor your posts in the shadows if they wish.
And some are allowed to block moderators? What the hell is the point of having moderators?

How to correct this trend:

!. Do we need to know your personal opinion ad nauseam? STFU and move on.

2. Not all TJ's are used the same way, nor need to be built the same way. (This is a shocker)

3. If you can please "help" jump in. If all you can offer is chest beating of what you did: STFU and move on.

4. Ditto for subjective opinion of what looks good. STFU and move on.
Which one are you, the kettle or the pot?

This thread is already dumb. You should just go one on one with jjvw in a private conversation.

This thread actually is very stupid. I have to call it as I see it and I don’t mean any offense to anyone.

What happens when you get “canceled”? Someone’s feelings get hurt? I’m an adult. I don’t care if you like what I do or not, it doesn’t hurt my feelings one bit.

I would love to say, “Can’t we all just get along?”, but I know that that’s impossible.

If people have problems I’m going to start force ignoring you. In other words, if someone messaged me telling me someone else is bothering them, I’ll force block you two so that you won’t be able to see or communicate with each other.

I am beyond sick of the fucking babysitting. Grow the fuck up, get some thicker skin, and grow a pair.

This is NOT in any way directed at ONE person, it’s directed at anyone and everyone.

The ignore button is there for a reason. Use it or I’ll use it for you and you won’t be able to override my admin privileges (meaning you won’t be able to unignore someone).

To cut to the chase, Metalcloak, Savvy, Currie… run whatever parts you want. Who cares what someone else thinks? It’s not their build. Remember though, this is the internet and the internet is a place where EVERYONE shares their opinions, even if you didn’t ask for them.

I hate the ignore feature personally..I am proud to say I have never put anyone on ignore and there are some annoying sob's on here. It's the internet if you don't like what someone posts then skip over it and move on with your life.

This thread actually is very stupid.

I am beyond sick of the fucking babysitting. Grow the fuck up, get some thicker skin, and grow a pair.
I don't think this thread is stupid at all because you said you're not going to babysit anymore. If you follow through with that, this might be the best thread ever.

Time will tell.

Reactions: SoCalGlide
I hate the ignore feature personally..I am proud to say I have never put anyone on ignore and there are some annoying sob's on here. It's the internet if you don't like what someone posts then skip over it and move on with your life.

Same. It's the internet. There's nothing here that's really worth getting upset about. People that can't control themselves enough to function after seeing something they disagree with need to grow up.

The best thing I ever learned is that it's ok to let someone be wrong.

I am on many forum sites from boats, jetskis to motorcycles and the worst thing that can happen is you lose the people with all the knowledge because of stupid BS. I have only been on this site a year or so and it is a wealth of knowledge and some great people are on here. But as on all the sites there are people that get their feelings hurt to easily And they need to suck it up. Also Everyone needs to keep in mind if you lose the good ones we all lose. Just my 2 cents.

That’s weird. That last line contradicts this whole tread.

875B79AE-A851-4356-8DDA-7E3E9B2751EA.jpeg

I believe anyone who uses the phrase "cancel culture" has lost the script to the point they should sterilize themselves then go away to live alone on an iceberg.

;)