TJR Axle Set on Marketplace in RI

I finally got home and looked at the pictures…yeah, this is a questionable purchase. Someone drove a screwdriver through the diff cover a couple times…

IMG_2048.jpeg

I live in the next town over. I'd be happy to look at them if anyone is interested. However, I have several Dana 44 axle sets from.the Noetheast. The front looks OK but the rear, I'd be leary to put a needle scaler to the center section.

Reactions: Weasellee
Looks like the rear axle has been living in the bottom of a lake.

This map should "paint a picture" of why never to buy a vehicle from Rhode Island. We're the smallest state yet we use the most amount of road salt. Our bridges are rotting away, our roads are full of potholes, and a 10 year old truck needs frame repair.

Map-of-the-contiguous-US-showing-the-average-amount-of-road-salt-sold-to-each-state.png

• Wow
Reactions: williambmac
This map should "paint a picture" of why never to buy a vehicle from Rhode Island. We're the smallest state yet we use the most amount of road salt. Our bridges are rotting away, our roads are full of potholes, and a 10 year old truck needs frame repair.

View attachment 520470

I'm in NJ and was going to say.... we are probably not far behind. That was until I looked at the map. What does your governor do, cover the whole state as a precautionary measure?

Last edited: