To lift or not to lift?

I do not think i will Lift. Here in Mass there are almost no places to really offroad. Also it seems that a Lift can really open a whole new black hole of parts and issues
2008.321.066_1.jpg
to consider.

Discuss.

Just remember , we won a world war with Jeeps with no lift kits or lockers . ;)

I get that coasting downhill….maybe! Ha.

There are vehicles you worry about MPG, TJ’s (and my CJs over time) are not one of thise vehicles. I’m always amused when guys claim 25, ha.

5.7 Hemi's are not one of those vehicles either 😁 I try not to have a led foot, but once in awhile 🤣

Just remember , we won a world war with Jeeps with no lift kits or lockers . ;)

I don’t know anyone specific who drove a Jeep in WWII, but watching a lot of documentary films of them pushing through the stuck mud, lockers probably would have been nice, ha.

Actually just posi (LSD) would have been enough.

I don’t know anyone specific who drove a Jeep in WWII, but watching a lot of documentary films of them pushing through the stuck mud, lockers probably would have been nice, ha.

Actually just posi (LSD) would have been enough.

My grandfather did. He told me they had handles on all four corners so when they got stuck in the mud or couldn’t get over an obstacle they just picked them up and over. He also said it’d been a lot easier if the tanks and Jeeps had the same width those tank ruts were the worst.

I'm pretty sure it was the bombs that won the war. 🇺🇸

I very much disagree. The soldiers that stormed beaches, held Bastogne and crawled the jungles of the Pacific won the war.

The Germans surrendered in May, the bombs dropped in August.

The war was decided, the bombs saved an estimated 1 Million soldiers lives it would have taken to secure the Japanese mainland.

I very much disagree. The soldiers that stormed beaches, held Bastogne and crawled the jungles of the Pacific won the war.

The Germans surrendered in May, the bombs dropped in August.

The war was decided, the bombs saved an estimated 1 Million soldiers lives it would have taken to secure the Japanese mainland.

Bombs, not just the atomic kind, played a major part. Toward the end for Germany we (allies) had complete air superiority and were bombing their factories day and night.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I'm pretty sure it was the bombs that won the war. 🇺🇸

Crazy how much those two bombs did around the world. My dad, retired USAF, went to a memorial in Japan (where I was born several years after this happened) with his crew chief. I can't remember if it was Hiroshima or Nagasaki, but neither nor there. Both sent the message I suppose. Some Japanese guy walked up to my dad and his crew chief and spit in both of their faces. I suppose that sting still stung about 50 years after.

The crew chief must've anticipated this, because he pulled out a Pearl Harbor memorial pamphlet and handed it to him. My dad tells me he wishes smartphones were a thing during the desert storm era, because the look on that guy's face after the pamphlet was handed to him was priceless.

Last edited:
Crazy how much those two bombs did around the world. My dad, retired USAF, went to a memorial in Japan (where I was born several years after this happened) with his crew chief. I can't remember if it was Hiroshima or Nagasaki, but neither nor there. Both sent the message I suppose. Some Japanese guy walked up to my dad and his crew chief and spit in both of their faces. I suppose that sting still stung about 50 years after.

The crew chief must've anticipated this, because he pulled out a Pearl Harbor memorial pamphlet and handed it to him. My dad tells me he wishes smartphones were a thing during the desert storm era, because the look on that guy's face after the pamphlet was handed to him was priceless.

The japanese army did terrible things everywhere they went.and they were effective. It was by no means certain that we would win during the war.
I'm not going to navel gaze the bombs. That society needed to be broken and rebuilt,just like germany.

Be glad germany didn't drop them first

Last edited:
The japanese army did terrible things everywhere they went.and they were effective. It was by no means certain that we would win during the war.
I'm not going to navel gaze the bombs. That society needed to be broken and rebuilt,just like germany.

Be glad germany didn't drop them first

That's why I don't like the argument against the bombs.

What would the Germans or Japanese do if they came up with one first? They wouldn't have hesitated.

I did some really nice trails with 30 inch tires on our Lj and our Xj . Recently I decided to go to 33 inch tires and now I'm topping $7000 getting it where it is now . I did change some of the parts because they were original and they were going to be off so I replaced them with quality parts . The 4.88 gears and Eaton Trutrac differentials sure are nice :) .

If I had figured up the total first , I may not have done it . We've been trail riding it for 11 years basically stock . Looking forward to hitting the trails again to see how it performs . We finally added a winch too , we used to carry a large come-a-long with a 4ft extendable handle (overkill) . Fortunately we never had to use the come a long , but the chainsaw is a different story :) . I highly recommend having a chainsaw on board when riding trails in wooded areas .

That's why I don't like the argument against the bombs.

What would the Germans or Japanese do if they came up with one first? They wouldn't have hesitated.

The reality is there is no great solution, just looking at lesser of evils.