Today I sprayed U-POL Raptor Liner on my fender flares

lowback seats?
Yes, I really like them.... When I have time, I am going to Raptor Line the interior of the hard top. I hate that off white..

low back.jpg

Great info here. I raptor lined my 2011 Jeep JK in 3 phases. If you want to put in a good bit of work, you can save a bunch of money over having it professionally lined and still get amazing results with this stuff. I did the hard top (inside and out - didn’t like the white interior), tub and rails(got tired of the smelly carpets), and today I removed the stock flares, rear bumper and side steps and finished them off. As has been stated several times, your results are fully dependent upon the prep work you put in. You’ve got to plan several hours for prep work on flares and bumper. I spent one full day on the hard top. For the interior tub, I believe I spent 4 days between prep, removal of all interior, removal of sound deadening material, and then application and reinstallation. I scrubbed everything with soap and water, pressure washed the hard top, used a degreaser, sanded everything down. I used 120-180 grit discs on the tub and rails and 80 grit on the other parts. I then wiped everything down with mineral spirits and alcohol. Then I used self etching primer and adhesion promoter (2 coats of each) on tub and rails and plastic primer and adhesion promoter on the other parts. I set my air compressor to 60 psi and let it rip. 2 coats on everything and it has held up very well! Been through car washes and no chipping or flaking. I can’t yet speak for the bumper, flares and side steps, but I don’t expect anything less than what I’ve experienced thus far.

View attachment 149225

View attachment 149226

View attachment 149227

View attachment 149228

View attachment 149230
Looks great! I am in the process of picking a color and doing all my silver.. You know this stuff comes in a tintable version...

Looks amazing. You inspired me to do mine.

Any tips on masking tape and when to remove it?

How is the texture? Is it smooth enough it won't catch lint off a towel like velcro?
I removed the flairs. I didn't remove the hard top. I spent hours masking the jeep. Throw away the regular Shutz gun and invest in the adjustable gun. I shot mine at 2.5 turns out on the nozzle. And most important, DISTANCE!! I was like 16-20" from the surface. If you get too close, you get a shiny build up of goo!!! I bought a can of their adhesion promoter for the top and flares. Cant hurt. If you sand the top into the white, spot primer it. 8 hours of prep to spray for 15 minutes.... Its all about the prep.... And don't even think about taking out the hard top side windows. I researched it and its beyond a pain...I did remove the rear window.....

Reactions: DailyDrivenTJ
I have my whole body sprayed in Raptorliner and it doesn't collect fibers from a towel at all. In fact I waxed it the last time I washed the Jeep.
20200420_205314.jpg

Reactions: jeepins
Here are some pics from different angles.
20200327_193123.jpg
20200408_162032.jpg
20200408_161034.jpg
20200421_115517.jpg

(I know I need to ditch the mismatch spare, but I have been doing more necessary work like a tummy tuck and SYE 🤙🏻)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tray Burge
Yup!.. quieter and warmer in the winter, but I did the tub too.

Gone thru many, many car washes and no flaking. I think I premiered first if I recall correctly.. cant hurt.