Kccoatings

May be a shot in the dark but if anyone has done the 2.5” super ultimate OME lift with the 1.25” BL
AND..
has the savvy skid plate Tummy Tuck...
AND...
Has installed their Tom Woods Drive shaft.. can you tell me what length you ordered? Trying to kill two birds with one stone and save time. Just hoping that maybe there’s a chance I could order the same length and have the shaft ready to go. Instead of doing the tummy tuck then measuring for the shaft and wait on it to arrive..
wishful thinking??

If you call Tom Wood and tell them you're setup, they'll know the length you need, guaranteed. Still, nothing beats just waiting until it's done and then measuring.

Yep, wishful thinking. Or measure the distance now and use the old right-triangle A2 + B2 = C2 formula to determine the new length. By simply adding the additional distance upward the tcase output shaft yoke would be positioned at after the tummy tuck modification you can calculate the slightly longer length the driveshaft will need to be. C being the driveshaft.

right triangle diagram.jpg

Good points. Figured as much. Just trying to get it done fast as a can for good reason. Buy should be ok to wait it out.

Thanks

I would wait and measure. Why spend that kind of money and guess or rely upon a mathematical calculation that might not be accurate?

I have never had to wait more than 48 hours between the time I ordered a driveshaft from Tom Wood and its arrival at my doorstep.
Wow. Good to know. I figured I'd be down for a week or so.

Yep, wishful thinking. Or measure the distance now and use the old right-triangle A2 + B2 = C2 formula to determine the new length. By simply adding the additional distance upward the tcase output shaft yoke would be positioned at after the tummy tuck modification you can calculate the slightly longer length the driveshaft will need to be. C being the driveshaft.

View attachment 57548
Can the OP remove the skid plate and jack the transmission and TCase up to where it will be and measure from there?

Can the OP remove the skid plate and jack the transmission and TCase up to where it will be and measure from there?

Different skids give you different clearances. I believe the savvy skid yelids 2” worth of tuck in to the tunnel. Not 100% on that.

How much time or money will one really save by trying to mock up the finished dimension rather than measure the actual length needed when the lift and tummy tuck are done?

And who should pay if it turns out that the mocked up or calculated driveshaft length is incorrect? Tom Wood? The customer?

Just sayin'.

How much time or money will one really save by trying to mock up the finished dimension rather than measure the actual length needed when the lift and tummy tuck are done?

And who should pay if it turns out that the mocked up or calculated driveshaft length is incorrect? Tom Wood? The customer?

Just sayin'.

I agree. Definitely seems like much more of a hassle to mock everything up ahead of time to measure. While driveshaft lengths don't have to be perfect, it makes much more sense in my mind to just measure afterwards. That way you can ensure that your driveshaft will be as close to perfect as possible.

It’s all good fellas. There’s good reason why I was trying to put the cart before the horse.
Long story short.. my wife is terminal and well.. that time is closing in fast. She wants to see it finished up and possibly take a ride in it. Not sure the ride part will happen though.

Reactions: JMT

Just sayin'.

I spoke to them. They were willing to put their best guess at it but mentioned sending it back if it was to short. Therefore runing the risk of adding double the time of completion. I opted to wait.

Cant you order the shaft with the stock transfer case height and then tell Tom that youre adding whichever brand TT and he can add a little more length to the shaft?

I want to get my transfercase drop off back to normal height, order a new shaft, then do the TT in a few months.

Reactions: JMT
Cant you order the shaft with the stock transfer case height and then tell Tom that youre adding whichever brand TT and he can add a little more length to the shaft?

I want to get my transfercase drop off back to normal height, order a new shaft, then do the TT in a few months.

Yes. But they stated it would still be a guess. He was confident he could get it pretty much spot on but again.. still a guess.