Tom Woods Customer Service

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Recently I posted a minor soft rant about Quadratech not being willing to stand behind the Tom Woods product they sold. I always hit up the retailer for service after the sale first. While they were not impolite, they were also no help. You guys recommended I contact Tom Woods directly. I got in touch with Shawn from TW and good Lord! Night and day difference. Shawn looked at the video of the ds, denied the dodges QT attempted and told me TW would make it right. He does not think it is the drive shaft, he thinks it is the yoke from the SYE which was made by Advanced Adapters. He told me he is going to send me a new yoke first, because Tom Woods wants a happy Jeep and a happy customer. I will pay them for the yoke and shipping if it works and take it up with AA. I have no reason to believe they won't take care of me. It is service and dedication like Shawn provides that brings a smile to the face and justifies my buy American effort. Shawn said they would stand behind the DS if the vibe isn't fixed. All I can say, if you need a drive shaft, Tom Woods is your go to source, buy direct or from someone who values your business.

Tom Wood.

Tom Wood's driveshaft.

Sounds like awesome customer service though, I am more than happy to pay extra for products if I can get service like that.

Yes, Tom Wood is great for sure, they have outstanding customer service. This is why I always recommend people buy a product like this from the manufacturer directly as oppose to Quadtratec or similar. There's a big difference between a bumper and a driveshaft.

Glad to hear they took care of you!

Tom Wood's has more than taken care of me lately and has gone above and beyond to make sure that I receive a driveshaft that works. I recently needed a driveshaft repaired that was out of warranty (loose ball) so I inquired how much it'd take and they said to send it in so they could take a look at what was wrong but at most it'd be the cost of the parts, so I did. The day after they received the driveshaft I received a call to say that it'd be on it's way back, I asked how much I owed and he said not to worry about it. Similarly I needed a brand new driveshaft retubed (my fault, I couldn't fit such a large tube in) and they took care of me for minimal cost.

I typically try and keep my name and username on the forums separate so that I can provide honest customer service and part reviews. Aside from purchasing a few more driveshafts than a normal guy probably buys, I think Tom Wood's gives me the service they give everyone else.

The one limitation from Tom Wood's and any of the other popular driveshaft manufactures we hear about on the forums is that they won't make specialized custom driveshafts that are needed for some Jeep applications. For that I am still experimenting with other shaft manufactures.

For a typical DC driveshaft, Tom Wood's is my go to and will continue to be.

Tom Wood's has taken very good care of me, including overnight replacement of mis-measured front driveshaft at no charge. They didn't have to do that because they didn't make the mistake. I tried to pay for my mistake but they refused to accept the money. That earned them a customer for life.

I had met him when he worked at 6 states, was a nice guy back then and still has top knotch customer service. I only live a mile from his shop. I have been there several times and they have always been johnny on the spot with helping me. Tim

Shawn sent me the new yoke for the SYE to repair what he thought was the problem. He sent me a part they did not sell me or make because they had that much confidence in their own product. Guess what, Shawn was absolutely right, it wasn't the TW DS, it was the other guys yoke. If you knew how much grief that yoke cause me. I was quadruple checking every nut and bolt I touched in the the firm belief I had done something wrong (I didn't). I tried every angle known in geometry for the drive shaft again in the belief I was doing it wrong. Next time I need a component Tom Woods sells, I am buying that one. I'm too old to be a groupie, but TW and Shawn made me a fan.

Few would have the purchase history with Tom that we do. I've run the gamut of local and semi local shops and hands down, TW blows them away. I can order a shaft from Tom and any of my local shops on the same day. I will have the TW version installed and driven on for a week before any of the others get theirs built. Given that I only measure when I'm along far enough to get an accurate number, I need that type of service.

I have had very few issues with their stuff and the small ones I have had, they jumped on to fix quickly and got it handled. I switched to TW many years ago when my local shops wanted the same price for a rebuild as I could buy a new shaft from TW for.

TW also has a very tolerable retube fee for their shafts. If you stretch, forget out to read a tape measure, or dent a tube, it is typically sub 100 to get it fixed. My local shops want 300 for the same service.