Torn

tennant

TJ Enthusiast
two front goodyear duratracs have ~75% tread left... back two need replacement. SO i need tires... i am torn between staying with the duratrac... or going with BFG or nitto but id need to buy all 4.

my jeep is a 2nd vehicle more summer use so i will probably be good on tires for a long time.

two front goodyear duratracs have ~75% tread left... back two need replacement. SO i need tires... i am torn between staying with the duratrac... or going with BFG or nitto but id need to buy all 4.

my jeep is a 2nd vehicle more summer use so i will probably be good on tires for a long time.
Too many burnouts 🤣

Are the tires fairly new or do they have some years on them? The manufacturing date is stamped on them. If they are getting up there in age I would consider all 4. Otherwise, if your happy with them you can definitely get 2 more and use them for many more years to come.

Too many burnouts 🤣

Are the tires fairly new or do they have some years on them? The manufacturing date is stamped on them. If they are getting up there in age I would consider all 4. Otherwise, if your happy with them you can definitely get 2 more and use them for many more years to come.
true! lol yeah no burn outs here haha. any opinions of duratrac vs. nitto vs. bfg?

true! lol yeah no burn outs here haha. any opinions of duratrac vs. nitto vs. bfg?
The only one of those I have ran is BFG KM2 w/ kevlar. I had 33x10.5x15 and they were a great all around road / trail tire. Now I have 35x12.5x15. They are excellent on the trail but they tend to wander more on the highway. If it is primarily a road vehicle I would stick to 10.5 width. Just to throw another tire in the ring a lot of people here also run coopers.

Last edited:
Reactions: tennant and KCsTJ