Torque box /roll bar?

Hopper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I have some rot in my floor board under my roll bar on the rear behind passenger seat. I think my torque box is rotted in the rear. I was told the bar bolts to the torque box.
Thinking I need to remove bar an weld section of pan that runs under the roll bar. Then weld safety cap rear section of torque box in.
Has anyone used the safety cap torque section? Were does the bar bolt to it? Here is the picture of the part:
Screenshot_20230517_212218_Chrome.jpg

I had to cut out the base of the tub where the b piller of the roll bar mounts and the whole torque box so I have no experience with the safety cap. Was a multi day project in the summer a few years back. First time welding with a cheap hf flux welder too and yes I know the welds look like chicken poop I was 19 then. Was an absolute pain since I decided to drill out the tack welds but now my jeep is still holding up. Excuse the photos, apparently I can only find the pictures through my Snapchat memories since it was that long ago. I don’t let the tub fill with water since the previous owner had a leaking top. Thankfully since don’t have any rust showing at any of those points and am very anal about having a top on for the rain.

IMG_6531.png

IMG_6532.png

IMG_6533.png

IMG_6534.png

IMG_6535.png

IMG_6536.png

• Love
Reactions: matkal and 1o1proof
I had to cut out the base of the tub where the b piller of the roll bar mounts and the whole torque box so I have no experience with the safety cap. Was a multi day project in the summer a few years back. First time welding with a cheap hf flux welder too and yes I know the welds look like chicken poop I was 19 then. Was an absolute pain since I decided to drill out the tack welds but now my jeep is still holding up. Excuse the photos, apparently I can only find the pictures through my Snapchat memories since it was that long ago. I don’t let the tub fill with water since the previous owner had a leaking top. Thankfully since don’t have any rust showing at any of those points and am very anal about having a top on for the rain.

View attachment 425683

View attachment 425684

View attachment 425685

View attachment 425686

View attachment 425687

View attachment 425688

Not to bad 1st time welding. I'm using a HF chicago electric 220v flux core as well. Thanks for the pics. Hopefully I can use the caps and not cut the whole thing out.

Reactions: The4bangertj