Trailer wiring

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
trailer6d.jpg

Will be wiring this thing up fairly soon, after I finish up the painting and add some plywood. I bought a pre-made wiring harness that seems pretty nice - but I'll still need to make a few splices. Its been about 40 years since I last wired a trailer, and I don't remember how I did that one other than I did it from scratch. What's the accepted "best way" to do splices on something like this these days? Solder and heat shrink? Or is there a new fangled miracle waterproof connector that I don't know about?

solder & Marine grade heat shrink with the glue inside.

there is a "new" solder seal connector on the market which is solder and shrink tube in one, but I have no hands on experience with it.
think something very/somewhat similar was used in the military for years in the field for electrical wiring repairs.

solder & Marine grade heat shrink with the glue inside.

there is a "new" solder seal connector on the market which is solder and shrink tube in one, but I have no hands on experience with it.
think something very/somewhat similar was used in the military for years in the field for electrical wiring repairs.

You know, now that you mention it, I do recall using something like this years back. I'm sure it was expensive, probably still is!