Transfer Case Shift Linkage

What is new and improved that Savvy did over Novak? I thought they were Identical as well.
Nope. Forum member @mrblaine is who came up with the improved version that Savvy manufactures and sells.

Here's a copy of an email from Gerald who owns Savvy that mrblaine designs for. Blaine's enhancements basically fixed some areas with regards to fit and consistency if I recall correctly.

Savvy tcase shifter.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
I was looking at them too, especially after I spun the stupid rubber bushing / rivnut combo that the stock linkage bracket mounts to the tub with. I ended up being able to fix my current set-up for now with some through bolts, but I think the cable shifter will be "included" in my lift purchase later this year! :)

Interesting Post @Jerry Bransford . Just looking at the pictures, they look similar enough that I guessed they were the same.

Last edited:
Do any of you know if this requires a bracket for a lifted TJ. I can't find on their site where it says. I mean like an extension bracket that you have to get for a body lift. I have both a suspension and body lift. 3.5" and 2"

Do any of you know if this requires a bracket for a lifted TJ. I can't find on their site where it says. I mean like an extension bracket that you have to get for a body lift. I have both a suspension and body lift. 3.5" and 2"
Nothing other than the kit is needed. Because it uses the flexible cable instead of hard linkage, it does not matter if you have a body lift or suspension lift. The cable would more than work in any scenario.

Reactions: RD3
I just received my new Savvy shifter. It didn't come with instructions so I emailed them. They sent me installation instructions for a Novak shifter. I guess they are pretty similar.

Reactions: JMT
I just received my new Savvy shifter. It didn't come with instructions so I emailed them. They sent me installation instructions for a Novak shifter. I guess they are pretty similar.

They are basically identical, yes.