Transfer case skid bolt length

minimull

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Even after my 1” motor mounts, I still had vibes, so I dropped my transfer case skid using three washers which measure 1/4” all together. Should I replace the bolts with longer ones or do the stock bolts have enough play to still be secure?

8C7EFD43-FFAC-4529-8670-25FC7612D15F.jpeg

Even after my 1” motor mounts, I still had vibes, so I dropped my transfer case skid using three washers which measure 1/4” all together. Should I replace the bolts with longer ones or do the stock bolts have enough play to still be secure?

View attachment 243005
Is this only a 2" lift? Are you sure the vibes aren't because of failing u-joints that only show with increased drive line angles?

Reactions: minimull

View attachment 243005
I will replace them, adding the space robbed by the washers, 1/4" in your case.

Is this only a 2" lift? Are you sure the vibes aren't because of failing u-joints that only show with increased drive line angles?
No, I’m not sure, 🤷🏻‍♀️ but the vibes are gone. Would the vibes have gone away if they are failing?

No, I’m not sure, 🤷🏻‍♀️ but the vibes are gone. Would the vibes have gone away if they are failing?
Absolutely. Failing u-joints can cause vibrations when the drive line angle is increased and go away when the angle is reduced but they are still failing u-joints.