Transmission Cooler Lines

danzy55

Well my 03 TJ cooler lines bit the dust yesterday now its stuck in the driveway, starts up but when you shift to any gear the shifter just slides back and forth will not engage any gear. I realize its most likely empty is this why the shifter is doing that? Not sure if I should fill up with fluid to see if it engages or if the transmission is toast. Any ideas? I know if I fill it up I hate to see $80-90 in fluid just leak out.
Question 2 when replacing those lines does the exhaust need to be removed? I found a company called www.linestogo.com and debating to buy there system or pay the extra and get a set of OEM lines from Mopar.

Need help!! Thanks

Well my 03 TJ cooler lines bit the dust yesterday now its stuck in the driveway, starts up but when you shift to any gear the shifter just slides back and forth will not engage any gear. I realize its most likely empty is this why the shifter is doing that? Not sure if I should fill up with fluid to see if it engages or if the transmission is toast. Any ideas? I know if I fill it up I hate to see $80-90 in fluid just leak out.
Question 2 when replacing those lines does the exhaust need to be removed? I found a company called www.linestogo.com and debating to buy there system or pay the extra and get a set of OEM lines from Mopar.

Need help!! Thanks

Yes you need to remove the cats from the manifold to get the lines behind the cats. I used “lines to go” and am very pleased.

Yes you need to remove the cats from the manifold to get the lines behind the cats. I used “lines to go” and am very pleased.

Thanks JMT, I found them online looked like a great set up considering nothing has to be removed (exhaust) wise. Thinking of ordering from them glad to hear someone else has bought and used them.

Reactions: JMT
Thanks JMT, I found them online looked like a great set up considering nothing has to be removed (exhaust) wise. Thinking of ordering from them glad to hear someone else has bought and used them.

I bought the lines in January and installed them in February. I called them earlier this week for some questions and their staff was very knowledgeable in various specs I requested. I was actually surprised how much information they were willing to dig up on how they were made.

I bought the lines in January and installed them in February. I called them earlier this week for some questions and their staff was very knowledgeable in various specs I requested. I was actually surprised how much information they were willing to dig up on how they were made.

Were they easy to install, from watching the install video they provide it looks simple and straight forward.

Were they easy to install, from watching the install video they provide it looks simple and straight forward.

Simple. There is a small wire piece that is shaped sort of like 90% of a circle. It's a clip that can move into unlock and lock position. They are on both ends of the line. You unlock them (no need to remove from the line) and then push your line in and then slip the clip into the lock position. Done. There might be an instructional video out there, but it makes sense once you are there.