42RLE transmission issues

Necrocide

Hi, hoping someone can help me with this.
Transmission has been having a rough time shifting. Checked the fluid and it was low.
Filled it to the middle. Fluid looked good. Started shifting smoothly. Changed the engine oil today and drove to work. On the way to work it had a hard time getting to 30. Then I have to take my foot off the gas to let it shift. Then it shifts and I get up to about 45. Where no matter how much I put my foot on the gas, it will not go any higher. RPM stays at 2500 never lets me get close to overheating. Transmission never shifts to go any higher. Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.

The 42RLE is hypersensitive to fluid incorrectness. I’d flush and fill next. Be sure to use ATF+4. While you’re at it, inspect the case and pan.

The 42RLE is hypersensitive to fluid incorrectness. I’d flush and fill next. Be sure to use ATF+4. While you’re at it, inspect the case and pan.

I had my 42rle slip from 3rd to 4th. Nobody could figure it out until my locks Jeep place out about an additional 3/4 quart in it. Like magic, problem solved

I had my 42rle slip from 3rd to 4th. Nobody could figure it out until my locks Jeep place out about an additional 3/4 quart in it. Like magic, problem solved
Replaced spark plugs and coils due to the issue. Also went to a transmission shop for a fluid flush. No luck yet. Issue persists

The 42RLE is hypersensitive to fluid incorrectness. I’d flush and fill next. Be sure to use ATF+4. While you’re at it, inspect the case and pan
Replaced spark plugs and coils due to the issue. Also went to a transmission shop for a fluid flush. No luck yet. Issue persists

I also want to note. That it revs perfectly fine while in park. It doesn’t have any issues while the vehicle is not moving. Everything seems normal. I drove it around. Had the issue. Went home. Parked reved right up with no issues

I also want to note. That it revs perfectly fine while in park. It doesn’t have any issues while the vehicle is not moving. Everything seems normal. I drove it around. Had the issue. Went home. Parked reved right up with no issues

Just checking in. Still having the same issue?

Just checking in. Still having the same issue?

Ended up taking it to a shop, couldn’t go above 10 mph the whole way there. Once there, they determined it was the catalytic converter. I had started to suspect it but didn’t want to pull the trigger until it was professionally looked at. I ended up towing it back home. Took off the 2 mini cats and the big cat. Upon inspection it seems that one of the mini cats, completely broke down, it was absolutely hollow on the inside, all of it was down the pipe and on the big catalytic converter. Assumably clogging it. Put on the new catalytic converter kit and now it runs like a champ.

Ended up taking it to a shop, couldn’t go above 10 mph the whole way there. Once there, they determined it was the catalytic converter. I had started to suspect it but didn’t want to pull the trigger until it was professionally looked at. I ended up towing it back home. Took off the 2 mini cats and the big cat. Upon inspection it seems that one of the mini cats, completely broke down, it was absolutely hollow on the inside, all of it was down the pipe and on the big catalytic converter. Assumably clogging it. Put on the new catalytic converter kit and now it runs like a champ.

Completely crazy how I didn’t get any catalytic converter related codes. I had gotten 1 pending code for a misfire on the way to the shop. But other than that. Nothing.

Completely crazy how I didn’t get any catalytic converter related codes. I had gotten 1 pending code for a misfire on the way to the shop. But other than that. Nothing.

Great to hear you got it sorted out. Welcome to the forum. Stick around. Lots of great folks and information here.

Glad to hear you’re all set. 👍