Transmission mount/vibration

Trav

04F290E2-B686-4ABD-A02A-1C0D88F3233A.jpeg
I figured I would post my experience so it may help someone else with the same problem.
I installed a 4” lift that came with the transfer case drop spacers. The factory transmission mount was broke so they replaced it with a aftermarket rubber mount. (It looked just like factory). As you All know when you drop the transfer case it puts the motor mounts under a bit more stress. After the lift was all installed I had a horrible vibration sitting still at idle with my foot on the brake in gear (stop sign). It wasn’t terrible in neutral but was still present. However when in gear with my foot on the brake it was so bad I could feel it in my feet, seat, and would shake all the mirrors. This is totally sitting still has nothing to due with drive shaft angles or any vibrations from moving part. I wasn’t sure if it was due to the fact the motor mounts were under more stress and much tighter or the new trans mount.
I did a little research and found people that said a mopar mount was much better than the aftermarket ones. My first mount was $30 and the cheapest mopar mount I could find was $120. I had a hard time trying it but couldn’t stand the way the Jeep felt. It shook and rattled everything in the Jeep.
I ordered a mopar mount and swapped it out. 100% of the vibrations are gone and ideals smooth as silk.
2004 unlimited.

Reactions: Dawghouse