Transmission torx bolt size

Wheeling diver

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey guys, I am doing a clutch job and have found out that the p/o removed the torx bolts at the top of the transmission and just decided not to put them back in. My question is, does anyone know what size bolts they are? I will most likely just replace them with a standard head bolt and not a torx. Thanks.

I dealt with this dilemma a few years ago. Contrary to my experience, someone recommended using an impact wrench rather than a hand driver. If you get something to hook up, and you have heated (and I followed that with accelerated cooling) and hit it with a very detuned electric impact, and they spun loose. Anectodal, but it was a tremendous feeling to see them back out.

I dealt with this dilemma a few years ago. Contrary to my experience, someone recommended using an impact wrench rather than a hand driver. If you get something to hook up, and you have heated (and I followed that with accelerated cooling) and hit it with a very detuned electric impact, and they spun loose. Anectodal, but it was a tremendous feeling to see them back out.

He's not trying to get them out, he's trying to replace a missing bolt with a normal hex head.

And he asked back in February. High five.

• Haha
Reactions: deadbeat son