Trouble searching for the perfect TJ

Curt-Curt

Ok so I been looking for a Jeep now going on 2 months and everytime I look at pictures (craigslist, truecar, carfax. facebook. etc..) there are no frame pictures, so when I ask for pictures of frame (Number 1 thing to look for) they say sure will send them right over.... never hear from them again. ask again and Jeep is sold. getting ready to give up with looking for a Jeep.

I think i ask 6 people last week for pictures and got none.
Is there something I should be doing differently?

Frustrating
Thanks Curt

I suspect there was rust on the frames and the sellers didn’t want you to see that. If I was a seller and had no rust on the frame I would have no problem sending over pictures for the potential buyer can see. Your not doing anything wrong. If the Jeeps are close enough it wouldn’t hurt to pay them a visit. Also some guys on here look for Jeeps out of their area there might be better Tj else where. If that is the case and you decide to look for a jeep out of state for example there might be some guys on here who would offer to look at the jeep for you if there in the area.

Reactions: Twopoint
Ok so I been looking for a Jeep now going on 2 months and everytime I look at pictures (craigslist, truecar, carfax. facebook. etc..) there are no frame pictures, so when I ask for pictures of frame (Number 1 thing to look for) they say sure will send them right over.... never hear from them again. ask again and Jeep is sold. getting ready to give up with looking for a Jeep.

Frustrating
Thanks Curt
Man I'm not trying to to be cute , but it's generally the quick and the dead on good jeeps .

1. Decide what all you have to have, get a general idea on price , mileage , etc.

2. Settle on color or colors

3. Have cash

4. When you find one , go. Go see it .
Don't trust pics in that part of the country

5. If it's right , buy it .

Thanks, I don't want to drive hours only to see a rusty frame. when a couple of pictures would have taking care of issue. But if they don't send pictures I guess they are hiding something. It tough to find a solid Jeep in CT and its a long way to go south, but I been looking in North Carolina and Virginia area. Hope to find one.
Will keep looking
Might take a break from looking and keep reading this site to get more info.
Thanks

Tell em , say if it's got no rust I'm coming I'm bringing cash and if it's what I want I'm going to buy it

Then say tell me now if it's rusty I don't want to see it.

Reactions: 06TJ35's
Keep the faith man... They are out there and I'm sure good ones up in that neck of the woods move quick.

If sellers won't provide photos of the frame, that should be your biggest indicator that they are hiding something.

A good seller who truly wants to sell their vehicle would be willing to provide photos like this without questioning it.

Reactions: 04 LJ

Frustrating
Thanks Curt
What are you looking for? Year, Miles, color, auto:manual, sport/rubi? I’m sure with all the Craigslist snoopers we have on here we can find you a nice tj.

What are you looking for? Year, Miles, color, auto:manual, sport/rubi? I’m sure with all the Craigslist snoopers we have on here we can find you a nice tj.
This guy is someone to listen to...based on the one he had he knows how to find good ones. He has good vehicle sense.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
So last week I was selling a bro-dangle-my-jangle on craigslist for $1000. Three people got in touch with me. The first asked if I would take $900. I replied no, $1000. The second guy asked if I would send "upskirt" photos of my bro-dangle and I just deleted the message. The third said he would come take a look on Friday. They show up with a trailer and offer me $800 and I accept, money in the bank and all.

Get it?

Reactions: Daryl
look around the desert states, I picked one up at the first of the year from AZ, NO rust anywhere

Frustrating
Thanks Curt
https://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/d/bristol-2004-jeep-wrangler-rubicon/6867339457.html
Contact for frame pics

Frustrating
Thanks Curt
https://worcester.craigslist.org/ctd/d/east-hampstead-jeep-wrangler-tj-4x4/6886865542.html

Took me like 6 months to find one without a rusted frame in MA for under $10k. Ended up finding one in CT for $8k without any rust. SO MANY crooks out there. Every single one I looked at for 6 months was rusted wicked bad. Just have to keep searching everyday.

When I was selling my 78c10, the buyer was on a fishing boat in Alaska! He could only contact me by sat phone and asked about the rust. I had taken pictures of the the complete under side, door jams, cab mounts etc. he requested more and I went out and sent them. He sent a deposit when he was in port in Alaska and came down a week later and paid cash. Point is a seller with nothing to hide will send the pics and a buyer will go where they need to for the right vehicle.

All original AC truck, short bed, big ten C10. Should have kept it, but it sold within a week and I had buyers from all over the country. Keep looking, you’ll find one.

Reactions: Mikester86

Frustrating
Thanks Curt

Hah! a perfect TJ. That's a far fetch. I think that is your problem. There is no perfect TJ out there but my TJs.

Reactions: Twopoint
Hah! a perfect TJ. That's a far fetch. I think that is your problem. There is no perfect TJ out there but my TJs.

There out there somewhere. The guy I bought my top from yesterday bought his Tj with 13,000 miles from a old couple who only used it to drive to the movies. He said it still had the brand new smell.

• Wow
Reactions: Mikester86