Trying to figure out what my 2004 Unlimited "LJ" is worth

lenglish

I am thinking about selling it but have no idea how to give a valuation for it. I have read some articles about the 2004-06 unlimited as being a rare find. I am thinking maybe selling it would be a bad idea. Any thoughts?

Whether or not to sell is completely up to you to decide. As far as valuation, do some research on craigslist, or any other sites that list vehicles. Pricing is entirely dependent on many factors, equipment, overall condition, and so on. Regards to being a rare find, that depends on the buyer, granted the market isn't flooded with the LJ series but there are plenty to choose from.
Also, welcome to the forum, if you decide to sell post some photos of your jeep, we all enjoy looking.

I wouldn't say rare, but finding nice ones is getting harder and harder. Plus the prices are climbing on them. Unless there's a reason to sell, and you enjoy Jeeps, you may want to pause. Being an 04 LJ owner, that is my favorite year. The only negative things I can think of for the 04 model is there's no Rubicon, or manual transmission option. That said, if you decide to sell folks here can help guide you, but more details are needed, e.g. mileage, condition, options, modifications, etc. are important. Pictures help here!

200.gif

Reactions: Hopper
Without complete info we can’t even give you an educated guess. When I bought mine in Jan I had plenty to choose from and I only wanted a Rubicon.

Not rare enough that alot of people dont want to spent $20,000 on an old Jeep but rare enough that alot of people will.
That’s it. Just have to post it so that the right buyer sees it. And it is always nice if you’re not in a rush to sell and can hold out for the right buyer.

I'm gunna shame all these losers, and give you a real offer...ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! That's right, 100 dollars, cold hard cash...Act fast, this is a limited time offer!

I'm gunna shame all these losers, and give you a real offer...ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! That's right, 100 dollars, cold hard cash...Act fast, this is a limited time offer!
Pssshaw too rich for my blood I'm out and eating my bologna sandwich!

• Haha
Reactions: Mike_H
Your post is too nebulous. Without knowing the mileage and condition, there is no way whatsoever to give any valuation. I've seen them from 9,000 to near 40,000. Also different areas affect value and people from different areas will pay more or less... someone from. Michigan may pay more for a rust free Southern vehicle and someone from the south won't offer much for one from up north...if anything at all.

On average, they are sought after and sell quickly and bring good money .

The LJ Rubicon is top dog, the Rubihara is a unicorn, the TJ Rubicon fares well, and the TJ and LJ land where they land .

Nice clean Jeeps are demanding big bucks right now. I've been searching for a while for a replacement for my 01 2.5 to mainly pull behind my RV. I really wanted an Cherokee, but unmolested, low mileage XJs are demanding outrageous bucks. When I stumbled across my new to me 04 w/4.0, 160k for 8 grand.... thats never been off the pavement, I couldn't resist. With the prices I'm seeing in the Atlanta area I believe I'll recoup a bunch of the that when I sell my 01