WTB: Tuffy center console with speaker provision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, at this point I am just waiting.

Also, any idea why I have 4-wires going to my subwoofer? I thought there should be two.

You know wiring in parallel and series...well throw both of them out the door because you have two amplified channels, and a subwoofer with dual voice coils (DVC). One amplified channel per voice coil. Each Kicker voice coil is rated 2 ohm. The amp is rated 2 ohm 120 watts, so 240 watts going to the Kicker - and the Kicker is rated 2 ohm 150 watts with 300 max.

1603488756998.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Chris
You know wiring in parallel and series...well throw both of them out the door because you have two amplified channels, and a subwoofer with dual voice coils (DVC). One amplified channel per voice coil. Each Kicker voice coil is rated 2 ohm. The amp is rated 2 ohm 120 watts, so 240 watts going to the Kicker - and the Kicker is rated 2 ohm 150 watts with 300 max.

View attachment 198157

Ahh, that explains it. So then that begs the question, which color wire goes where? There are 4 wires, a black, red, green, and white.

Ahh, that explains it. So then that begs the question, which color wire goes where? There are 4 wires, a black, red, green, and white.

I assume the reason that was done was so you could trace the wires to the specific channel. Can you see where they connect on th amplifier? The green and white most likely go to one channel in the amp.

Last edited:
I assume the reason that was done was so you could trace which the wires to the specific channel. Can you see where they connect on th amplifier? The green and white most likely go to one channel in the amp.

I’ll look and find out where they are going on the amp. But would each channel have a positive and a negative, or for each channel would it matter if I connected it to the positive or negative?

I’ll look and find out where they are going on the amp. But would each channel have a positive and a negative, or for each channel would it matter if I connected it to the positive or negative?

Correct, each channel has a + and -

Generally speaking black and green are negative and red and white positive, and I assume Don did that, but double check.

My guess is he wired to channels G and H, so look there first for the plus and minus and green and white wires.

HELIX-V-EIGHT-DSP-MK2-Front-Outputs.jpg

Ha, yes, it is a treat...You could turn up the bass to the overhead speaker pods, but that will not do too much. Sucks you have to wait for the console, but it will come...

I have, trust me. It’s just not the same 🤣

Reactions: skrelnik
I have a speaker version that I would trade for a non-speaker one, but mine is only the rear half, not full.

Nope, I talked to them and they don't have them in stock :(

Once I get the new one, it will indeed be for sale!
Hi Chris! Any news on when your new Tuffy subwoofer console arrives? Sounds like a few of us will be looking to buy your old one, assuming you are willing to ship. Thanks!

Hi Chris! Any news on when your new Tuffy subwoofer console arrives? Sounds like a few of us will be looking to buy your old one, assuming you are willing to ship. Thanks!

Nope, no word from Tuffy yet. They seem to be backordered indefinitely.

Once I have it off, I'll be willing to ship it, but with shipping costs being as insane as they are now (and the size of the box I'd need to ship it) I can almost guarantee shipping would be $75 or more. I guess we'll see when the time comes (if it ever comes).

• Face Palm
Reactions: Wildman
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
That's total BS. He says he has 10 in stock too... That is false advertising IMO.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Reactions: Chris
That's total BS. He says he has 10 in stock too... That is false advertising IMO.

I agree, sort of pissed me off when he told me that. Like why are you selling something you don't have in stock? At least be transparent about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.