Tummy tuck

GPK03X

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just wondering who was the first to figure out that it was possible to raise the drivetrain up that much

Just wondering who was the first to figure out that it was possible to raise the drivetrain up that much

The first one I am aware of was Currie. Teraflex was right after them but theirs was a giant flaming piece of way too thin mechanical poo. We didn't want to afford the Currie so several of us jumped on the Tera bandwagon, went to JV and in short order had bent all of them beyond repair. So now, the Currie we didn't want to afford now cost us the price of both.

The first one I am aware of was Currie. Teraflex was right after them but theirs was a giant flaming piece of way too thin mechanical poo. We didn't want to afford the Currie so several of us jumped on the Tera bandwagon, went to JV and in short order had bent all of them beyond repair. So now, the Currie we didn't want to afford now cost us the price of both.

Was this the late-90's?

Late 99, early 2000.

Currie also used to make a larger gas tank itself, correct? I remember reading that it did not "need" a skid plate. This was a few years ago though, so please correct me if I'm remembering wrong.