Turn Signal Battle I am losing - help!

Sponge

Supporting Member
2006 LJ - Previous owner installed LED headlights/tail lights & small LED's in the bumper (use to have flat fenders)

Have worked as expected in the year of ownership.

Turned on hazards, probably for the first time, and they quit working!

Fuse is intact - a 15amp vs. the OEM 10amp

I replaced the flasher with the LM470 - didn't fix it

Replaced it with a EP27 flasher, what was in the column to begin with, and didn't fix it

Was going to use this as an excuse to get rid of the little bumper LED's and replace w/OEM signals - factory fenders on it again w/flares. But no one makes the pigtail for an 05/06 3 wire.

Getting to the point of frustration...assuming something to do with the LED turn signals?

Thanks for any help!

Do you have a test light or voltmeter? Check fuse #1 it should have power with key in all positions even off. Check fuse #13 it should have power with key on ( run position) what are the lights doing? Do the running lamps work? Do the brake lamps work?

I'd start by looking up the factory service manual on this site for your year and looking at the electrical diagrams. Do you have a multimeter?

-Mac

Thanks guys for the reply & advice

Update is -

Wired up the turn signals with OEM sockets & universal pig tail (see above)

Replaced the Multi-Function Switch (turnsignal indicator)

Replaced fuse #27 under the hood

Replaced flasher relay w/LM470Relay

BAM - have blinking - BUT...

With headlights OFF -

- Signal indicated blinks as expected - but the opposite blinker slightly blinks...meaning turn on left signal it blinks but right one blinks very lightly

- hazards work as expected

With headlights ON -
- Nothing blinks - signals/hazards nota...
- arrows on dash stay lit
- dash lights and radio lightly flickering in and out.

Currently wired:
- LED aftermarket headlights/tail lights - previous owner, no idea brand
- above mentioned turn signals - the plug is wired hot wires on outside & BK/negative is in the middle. I tried the hot wires on either side and didn't make a difference
- no side mark lights

Next step
- going to pull the turn signal lights wiring apart again and make sure nothing is arc'ing
- pull the LED tail lights and make sure everything is clean..maybe just replace them with OEM style lights

$300 in and good day and half wasted driving to every parts store possible to get everything...no resolution just new problems.

'buy an old jeep it will be more fun' LOL

Reactions: macleanflood