Turn signal not working

My 2004 TJ suddenly started buzzing and not working, which quickly deteriorated to no signals or hazards at all. Here is my "journey".
1) checked fuse in glovebox, was fine.
2) checked lights - fine
3) had spare , - changed flasher - no change
4) had spare - tried MFS - no change
5) Noted that if had brakes on, when clicked handle, light "flashed" as I moved it. Used that for weeks.
6) Noted that if had park lights on, side marker goes bright when handle to that side.
7) Noted connector to MFS slightly melted, crumbling. Ordered replacement (almost $100 for generic!!)
8) Try deciphering wiring diagrams (I can read a schematic, but these are pure evil). Traced connections, yup, if handle down and park on, side marker will go bright if signal from flasher is grounded.
9) Realize there was a fuse in underhood power distribution. Checked the one that said "external lights". Seemed to control park lights etc, was good. Ready to begin splicing.
10) Note an obscure post that gave fuse numbers, re check wiring diagram, hmm, different fuse under hood marked MFSD, open. Replaced 20A fuse #27. SIGNALS!

I have no idea why that 20A fuse would go when I have almost all LED lights now or why a simple plastic connector with pigtail cost so much! I hope that this helps others.

Many many thanks for tip about fuse #27 under the hood. After two days and replacing multi function switch and flasher relay, I now have turn signals.

I recently had this problem and fixed it. I have an '01 so it might be a little different, but I figured I would put this info out on the internet so someone can fix their problem. So I had my blinkers stop working after not driving the Jeep for about 3 months. I followed the regular procedure for how to fix stuff by looking up my problem on Youtube. However, everyone who posted videos had simply replacing the multifunction switch fix their issue. I was not so lucky. As far as I know, there are 3 different problem areas that you can address. The multifunction switch, the fuse located in the glove box or the actual relay. I tried all three of these but the new aftermarket relay was going haywire whenever I plugged it in. I could get the blinkers/hazards to work but there was a clicking coming from the relay that made it sound like a machine gun. I later drove to a Chrysler dealership and got the original OEM part (part no. 689499064aa) and that fixed it. Now, my hazards, blinkers and fog light switch are all working. I think the key is to make sure you get the OEM blinker relay!!!! The parts lady told me that, in her experience, only OEM electrical parts work in older vehicles (take that however you like).I tried two different aftermarket relays that did not work. The Chrysler part was only $57 while the aftermarket parts were $40 and $65. Hopefully this will help someone fix this issue and save them some time and $. (P.S. sorry if this post seems rushed. I am leaving on a trip to the beach with my Jeep in about an hr, but I wanted to put this out there ASAP in case anyone has the same issue.)

It was the relay on the multifunctional switch itself. Mopar is $157. Autozone $35. I went AZ