Turn signal sound remains on after turn

RV-TJ

Supporting Member
Hopefully I can explain this: After changing lanes and using the turn signal (not full click, but holding in place for 2 or 3 flashes), the light goes off but the sound remains. Explained another way: the turn signal is visually off outside and inside (indicator on dash is off), but I still hear the click-click-click of the signal.

To stop it, I turn the signal on then off. It does not seem to stop on its own

What would cause this? Note I had the flasher replaced when I bought the Jeep in March — the signals did not work.

Ideas?

Its the turn signal cam. Just have to split the cover on the steering column and replace the switch. Its about a $50 and about an hour to replaced. You will need special tools like a series of torx bits and a small flat screwdirver to disconnect the electrical connectors.

My left turn signal would not cancel so I replaced the turn signal switch. It now cancels, but since replacing it I have noticed that occasionally it will do like yours. I can hear the "tick, tick..." but no lights are on. I thought that it was my keys swinging back and forth hitting the column, but its actually the flasher. If i turn it on and off, it stops. This morning it did it and I got out to look at the lights, and my 4 ways were flashing to include my 3rd brake light. Weird. Possibly a bad switch right out of the box?