Turn signals not working

PalmettoStateBob

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Turn signals are not working at all. But hazard lights work fine all the way around. Fuse is good, bulbs are good. What’s next to check?

Last thing was radio, and yes there was something in common. Radio had an intermittent loss of power, no power on either side of fuse. I found a switch hot wire, tied in with an in-line fuse. So fuse box has lost power on 2 things that were working, just at totally different times. In fact I think signals were doing intermittent loss before radio quit. I have checked all wiring connections and wiring under the hood.
FYI, this is our 3-4 hour, once a week vehicle. So I might have had signal intermittent issue at same time I developed radio intermittent issue.
I may have a wiring gremlin Just isn’t showing itself. I’ve checked for breaks, pinches, nicks, and loose wires.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Last thing was radio, and yes there was something in common. Radio had an intermittent loss of power, no power on either side of fuse. I found a switch hot wire, tied in with an in-line fuse. So fuse box has lost power on 2 things that were working, just at totally different times. In fact I think signals were doing intermittent loss before radio quit. I have checked all wiring connections and wiring under the hood.
FYI, this is our 3-4 hour, once a week vehicle. So I might have had signal intermittent issue at same time I developed radio intermittent issue.
I may have a wiring gremlin Just isn’t showing itself. I’ve checked for breaks, pinches, nicks, and loose wires.
So, I accidentally left my key switch on and turn signal on from my trouble shooting earlier today. Went out to walk the dogs and my Jeep’s turn signal was on. Turned everything off and back on, turn signal didn’t work. I let it sit while I did some thinking. Came back and tried it again, didn’t work. But then they started working. I noticed when the right signal was blinking that I was getting a little bit of a dim blink on the left rear, but not on the left front. Right now signals are working. I leaning towards possible corrosion in wiring harness connectors since I did a lot of wiggling of every connector.

So, I accidentally left my key switch on and turn signal on from my trouble shooting earlier today. Went out to walk the dogs and my Jeep’s turn signal was on. Turned everything off and back on, turn signal didn’t work. I let it sit while I did some thinking. Came back and tried it again, didn’t work. But then they started working. I noticed when the right signal was blinking that I was getting a little bit of a dim blink on the left rear, but not on the left front. Right now signals are working. I leaning towards possible corrosion in wiring harness connectors since I did a lot of wiggling of every connector.
After the turn signal issues started, I was stranded with a dead battery. I thought it was a alternator issue because my battery is only a few months old. Old alternator had a cracked housing at looked like hell. So I changed alternator and charged battery, turn signals were not working after charge and new alternator but they did start working later on as I posted earlier. Sitting on side of the road waiting on a tow truck. Jeep won’t crank but it has just enough juice for my signals to work 🤦‍♂️