Moab JuneFest 2024
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Two door Bronco playing in snow

ad_004copy.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=js-1.4.jpg

ditor%2F1581112413163-bronco_2door_offroad_009copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil Younger
I’m actually really exited for the new bronco. If it’s done right, it will finally give Jeep (the wrangler in particular) some serious competition that it hasn’t seen in years. Ford entering the game might also influence Chevrolet to make something that will compete with them too. I think this new bronco could really shake things up!

From the look of it, I'm seeing an IFS front end. I'm thinking this will be more of a competitor for the FJ Cruiser market?

Reactions: Tob and reddvltj
I sure hope not

I think that given the amount of people that drive them who use them purely for a replacement SUV, it makes a lot of sense from a logical stand point. My thought has always been that the Wrangler will evolve into an IFS vehicle, and if we're lucky they'll continue to make a more "off-road friendly" variant with solid axles. Only time will tell.

Jeep now has a twin turbo, 35” tire wearing, 2 door convertible top, and doorless, raptor coming right at them. It’s gonna be really fun watching this shake out. Let’s watch as the prices start to dip on these horrible welded JLs lol

I think that given the amount of people that drive them who use them purely for a replacement SUV, it makes a lot of sense from a logical stand point. My thought has always been that the Wrangler will evolve into an IFS vehicle, and if we're lucky they'll continue to make a more "off-road friendly" variant with solid axles. Only time will tell.

The rumors were there that the JK would be IFS, and honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. But yes, it's coming.

The JL can definitely be a future LJ replacement. I've been impressed watching people roll off the showroom and put it to work on the trail. I'd snag one in future.

The Wrangler will end up being IFS in its next iteration I’ll bet.
I think the only thing that can save us from this scenario is electric drivetrains. Before the release of the JL, Jeep kept saying that they wanted to keep solid axles, but their weight was making it hard to meet mileage regs. There aren't any mileage regs for EVs.

The limiting factor is range, a heavy SUV like the wrangler will have terrible range with current battery technology. But if they can improve that before the next wrangler rolls out, we might be in luck.

The thought of the low end torque from an electric wrangler makes be drool.

Reactions: Chris
I think the only thing that can save us from this scenario is electric drivetrains. Before the release of the JL, Jeep kept saying that they wanted to keep solid axles, but their weight was making it hard to meet mileage regs. There aren't any mileage regs for EVs.

The limiting factor is range, a heavy SUV like the wrangler will have terrible range with current battery technology. But if they can improve that before the next wrangler rolls out, we might be in luck.

I’d think electric motors would make for an easy portal axle setup.

I don't think battery technology will be there by that time, especially considering right now is about the time they start working on the next generation of Wrangler. Battery technology was coming along decently for a while, but it seems to be pretty stagnant lately.

Hasn’t Jeep already unveiled a plug in hybrid wrangler?

https://www.motor1.com/news/391601/jeep-wrangler-phev-ces/