U-Joint question

For the stock driveshafts there are 3 u-joints in the front and 2 u-joints in the rear.

They're all 1310 series u-joints.

Plus you won't need to remove skid plate to get double cardan joint in the front with non-greasable. I just replaced all mine with this kit from denny's. It includes everything for rebuild on the DC joint.

On a side note, I've seen furious debates over greasable vs non greasable ujoints. I like to sum it up with, the factory ujoints are sealed with a spicer variant non greasable (some would say its same, /shrug) and go 150k+ rugged miles .....

For the stock driveshafts there are 3 u-joints in the front and 2 u-joints in the rear.

They're all 1310 series u-joints and the Spicer p/n is 5-785x. You can go with the greasable 5-153x but unless you regularly do deep mud, the 5-785x is triple-sealed and is a more durable u-joint without the need to be regularly lubed like the unsealed 5-153x.
The Spicer 5-785x is no longer available, it was superseded by the 5-1310x around 5 years ago. I agree with the recommendations to avoid the weaker greasable 5-153x and go with the stronger and more durable sealed 5-1310x. :)

The Spicer 5-785x is no longer available, it was superseded by the 5-1310x around 5 years ago. :)

That's the problem with the Internet. The information it saves can quickly become outdated!

Aghhhh! Updated my original post in any case.