Unusable Interior Lights

Christian.mers

I only a 97 TJ, my interior lights do not work at all. Bulbs are perfect, the actual lights are fine. The issue seems to be electrically, the dealer put in a tracker of some sort (I don’t know where it is) but my OBD port and all interior lights just do not work at all. Fuses are all working, OBD Port isn’t getting 12v but the Radio and Cluster work perfectly fine! (Same Engine Bay Fuse)

Anyone know what it may be?

IMG_8872.jpeg

Check fuses, door switch continuity and get a roll of the heavy duty foil we use for theatre lighting...makes much better hats than that thin crap. And it comes in flat black.

-Mac

That pink/white wire should be the output for the IOD fuse, #17 (10A).

The IOD fuse supplies under hood and courtesy lamps, OBD port, and radio/dash/PCM for memory retention.
My gauges do not work if the IOD fuse is removed.
If your radio and gauges work/trip odo doesn't reset on ignition off, then they have power from a different source, but if power was tapped to the pink/white wire from another source to the cluster/radio the same feed should go to the courtesy lamps and OBD port.

Might be worth getting the PDC open and seeing if something has been tapped into that pink/white wire at the fuse terminal, and seeing if there is anything obvious under the dash behind the glove box and radio or under the steering wheel. It's possible the pink white wire has been cut and spliced to a different source behind the cluster and radio.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
That pink/white wire should be the output for the IOD fuse, #17 (10A).

The IOD fuse supplies under hood and courtesy lamps, OBD port, and radio/dash/PCM for memory retention.
My gauges do not work if the IOD fuse is removed.
If your radio and gauges work/trip odo doesn't reset on ignition off, then they have power from a different source, but if power was tapped to the pink/white wire from another source to the cluster/radio the same feed should go to the courtesy lamps and OBD port.

Might be worth getting the PDC open and seeing if something has been tapped into that pink/white wire at the fuse terminal, and seeing if there is anything obvious under the dash behind the glove box and radio or under the steering wheel. It's possible the pink white wire has been cut and spliced to a different source behind the cluster and radio.

Thank you so much, I’ll absolutely look into it!