Update on no start issue (and PCM questions)

I see in another thread where you have removed your PCM, so I guess we’re done testing. Good luck.
Yes I was talking to wrangler fix about the pcm issues and to see if he had any insight on how to tell if the pcm is broke. I feel it’s worth having it tested to see if this is the issue

Yes I was talking to wrangler fix about the pcm issues and to see if he had any insight on how to tell if the pcm is broke. I feel it’s worth having it tested to see if this is the issue
You see how the harness is rubbing against that grounding bolt. Are you missing the wiring harness gutter that protects the wiring as it passes near the rear of the valve cover?
64486687-B4F5-49B9-9F81-22CC5690B7D1.jpeg

You see how the harness is rubbing against that grounding bolt. Are you missing the wiring harness gutter that protects the wiring as it passes near the rear of the valve cover?
View attachment 170283
It has a wire protection plug that goes on the stud it’s hard to see in this picture but there is a stud protector sleeve on it

The picture is dark, but I don’t see a gutter. You need to pull that harness up and inspect the bottom of it. It’s likely damaged from rubbing on all the sharp edges back there.
When I fixed the ground to the stud earlier I opened it all up and there was no damage visible I am going to get new loom and redo it all before it leaves the garage.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That’s good.
I have chased wires for two days cleaned grounds checked resistance volts etc. I figured it’s time to do a pcm check, I can not get a obd reading and have power there and maybe it’s a computer issues. While waiting for the results I am cleaning and putting on new loom checking wires plugs prongs all I can to eliminate this needle in my haystack

I have chased wires for two days cleaned grounds checked resistance volts etc. I figured it’s time to do a pcm check, I can not get a obd reading and have power there and maybe it’s a computer issues. While waiting for the results I am cleaning and putting on new loom checking wires plugs prongs all I can to eliminate this needle in my haystack
Computers rarely go bad. I see yours has a remain sticker on it already. As far as your diagnostic port, there’s only six wires to it. Easy to test those six circuits. Can you read a wiring diagram?
19C94097-5E81-4186-8805-8E541FD683A4.png

ED794901-4FBB-4841-A4B3-EAC399FE4F81.png

Last edited:
Computers rarely go bad. I see yours has a remain sticker on it already. As far as your diagnostic port, there’s only six wires to it. Easy to test those six circuits. Can you read a wiring diagram?
View attachment 170292
I did this last night and the only thing I could come up with was the PCM. I did some reading and seen PCM goes bad in many cases and figured if mine was already rebuilt it’s already went bad before. I also read if PCM is bad you can not get obd2 to read. I wish I had better knowledge of why but it just weighs heavily on this pcm with the issues and I figured for piece of mind why not test it. I read TJ PCM are hand in hand and by all aspects I can be wrong but I am at the process of elimination right now. I figure send PCM to get tested and trace and clean and repair loom wires grounds etc while it’s away, if it’s bad problem hopefully solved if it’s good then there goes that possible solution.

I did this last night and the only thing I could come up with was the PCM. I did some reading and seen PCM goes bad in many cases and figured if mine was already rebuilt it’s already went bad before. I also read if PCM is bad you can not get obd2 to read. I wish I had better knowledge of why but it just weighs heavily on this pcm with the issues and I figured for piece of mind why not test it. I read TJ PCM are hand in hand and by all aspects I can be wrong but I am at the process of elimination right now. I figure send PCM to get tested and trace and clean and repair loom wires grounds etc while it’s away, if it’s bad problem hopefully solved if it’s good then there goes that possible solution.
Okay, good enough. Please come back and post your solution. It’ll help people who come across this thread. Have a great week.