Urgent help needed, forgotten password: Windows 7 Professional

Westtown Willy

TJ dummy
Supporting Member
I have an old desktop computer that has some critical shit on it that has been sitting dormant for about a year but now I need to access it. I tried logging on this morning but it's telling me my password is wrong. I don’t know if I just can’t remember the password or it timed out but I cannot crack into this fucker no matter what combination I put in.

I’ve researched it online and I’ve tried everything with no luck, I have no “password reset disk”, I tried making one but can’t figure that out, I have no second administer with privileges to log on through and I don't have the original install discs... I’m about to throw this fucking thing out the window, then jump myself

Any computer geeks out there that can help?

Google "john the ripper" or l0phtcrack. Both are free security tools that you install on a CD or USB and boot your computer from. They then allow you to reset your Windows password or try and decrypt your existing ones. There will be youtube tutorials as well to guide you through it.

There are also more user friendly tools like passgeeker.com but you generally have to pay for them.

EDIT:
Here is another way that has better instructions detailed out.

https://www.iseepassword.com/reset-windows-password-with-ubuntu-free.html

Last edited:
Don't really use windows but this seems pretty easy especially if you just need a few files. If you haven't encrypted the data it should be no problem reading everything.
Personally I'd just pull the disc and put it in an external enclosure but I know not everybody has one of those.

Don't really use windows but this seems pretty easy especially if you just need a few files. If you haven't encrypted the data it should be no problem reading everything.

Dude, that was the 100% hookup right there, I've been beating my head on the wall all day with all sorts of videos and websites and this guy's 3 minute & 56 second video nailed it, probably took 15 minutes as I had to stop and start 100 times given the number of steps but GOD DAMN I'm happy 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Long story short, I did some unimaginably stupid shit last week (erased 10 pages of passwords, a life-time's worth) and some other important documents. An older version was on this particular computer that I could rebuild it from. Also, my entire i-tunes account plus about 10 years worth of photographs is on it. Not getting into this thing was not an option.

Thank you!

Using Ophcrack,it can helps you reset password on Windows 7 computer,it works by making a password reset disk to reset the forgotten password.