V6 swap for TJ

I've been looking at 4.3 LS swaps, seems to be about the same process as any other LS swap, might as well go with 8 cylinder for the time and effort. If you want another 6-cylinder, might as well stick with a stroked 4.0 if you're looking for HP/Tq. Much easier and cheaper.
As with every other engine swap thread, here is the link to Novak: http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/engines/about/chevy/chevy-small-block-v6

Reactions: KCsTJ
I don't think many go through the effort of swapping in a V6 when you can do a V8 swap for the same price, and the V8 swap is much more widely supported. Swapping in a V6 to me seems like a waste of time and money.

I don't think many go through the effort of swapping in a V6 when you can do a V8 swap for the same price, and the V8 swap is much more widely supported. Swapping in a V6 to me seems like a waste of time and money.
Not to mention that generally speaking V6 engines put out less torque than the TJ's 4.0 inline-6 does.

Reactions: Squatch and Chris
Move to California where it's against the law.
I couldn't even use a bypass oil filter because it is considered a modification.
It's Not against the law. You just have to research the rules and do it right. Same year or newer, same class (light truck) and all emissions equipment matching donor engine. Then you have it refereed, and now you have legal v8 swap.easy, no...doable...yes.