Vibrations when accelerating after a two inch lift install

No, it would raise the motor and thereby tilt the transmission and TCase so that the driveshaft is not coming out of your TCase at such a steep angle, doing exactly what you need, decreasing the angle of your driveshaft. I’d say the mechanic doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about.

Many of us have done this successfully. In fact, I don’t know anyone who did it who didn’t get rid of their vibes. It works up to about 3” of lift on a TJ. Above that and you need to do an SYE and DC to solve it (or an extreme TCase drop!)

What makes a MML better than a TCase drop is it is more aesthetically pleasing and it gives you more clearance
Unfortunately, I live in Northern New Hampshire and there are not a lot of mechanics. But I do think I might have to pull my Jeep out of there and get somebody that knows what the hell they're doing. he was putting the washers in yesterday and was going to let me know if it took care of the vibration. I have not heard from him yet I will check in with him tomorrow and let you guys know.

Reactions: JMT
Oh, and don’t worry, you’ll get rid of the vibes either way and you’ll be happy with the 2” OME lift.

If you’re adventurous, you can go out with a tape measure and see how much lift you really have. The front stock springs are 12”, not including the coil spring isolator at the top of the coil spring. The rear stock are 8”. Anything above is the amount of lift. E.g if the front is 14.5” then you have 2.5” of lift. If you have 11” in the rear then you have 3” of lift in the rear. Easy peasy