Vinyl flooring

Shane Mckinley

Zipman35
Supporting Member
I had vinyl in a pickup truck and it was great. It cleaned up much easier than carpet. If I were to replace my carpet, I would take the opportunity to insulate underneath, but I use my Jeep as a commuter mobile and travel 70 miles per day. If I used it for nothing more than recreation, I'd probably set it up so it could be easily hosed out.

I used to drive a full size Bronco and I replaced the carpet with a rubber pickup bedmat. I removed the carpet and used spray paint to mark the contours & openings (from the backside). I then used a dremmel tool to cut the material to size. I worked surprisingly well and was very hose-able. I may try this on my Jeep when the current wears out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
This seems very similar to BedTred, no?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0097JQ9JQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

My only concern would be stuff getting underneath it and rusting things out. However, if you removed it and cleaned under it (and soaked up any water) from time-to-time, I think you'd be fine.
Was the plant mgr for what was at the time the number 2 aftermarket auto flooring company back 20 years ago. Vinyl flooring is a great option for most trucks and Jeeps but you do need to lift and dry under them if you off road in water, leave top of in rain or as TJ's like to do, leak water in to passanger side floor. I would suggest leaking a plug out if you vinyl the passage area.

I received a reply from https://goarmorlite.com/ and they are planning to introduce a TJ floor replacement system. Their biggest demand was for JK's, but they will be tooling up for both TJ and JL in the next few months. My pessimistic side tells me they will be doing JL's before they get to our TJ's. Keep an eye out just in case. I asked to get on a waiting list but seems no such thing exists or they don't want to be held to any dates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blondie70
Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

I'm having second thoughts about pulling the carpet to clean/disinfect it...

May just pull it and line it with some kind of monster liner type material or this

http://www.stockinteriors.com/moldedvinyl.asp?Itemid=13182&MakeId=14&ModelId=256

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi
Did you ever get this floor. I'm looking at it and wondering how the company is and quality of the flooring

Not a big fan of the padding under the vinyl, think it would hold moisture.
I had a rubber "carpet" in my cj7. It was formed to the floor and ran front and back with a seam that allowed you to remove the whole thing and throw it in the driveway and hose it down. Out, hose, in. Took about 15 minutes (not including drying time). Be nice to have that for the Rubicon.
🍻

I had vinyl in a pickup truck and it was great. It cleaned up much easier than carpet. If I were to replace my carpet, I would take the opportunity to insulate underneath, but I use my Jeep as a commuter mobile and travel 70 miles per day. If I used it for nothing more than recreation, I'd probably set it up so it could be easily hosed out.
I saw your post & you tell about vinyl flooring.
Actually I'm thinking for vinyl installation in my truck & I want to ask you it's water resist or not? because my work is related with water camper delivery.

Magnesium Oxide Boards

Last edited: