Colorado Visiting Denver, CO

Polanka in Rifle right off of I-70 has some really good home made hearty Polish food, its a very small restaurant with limited seating and also seems to have odd hours iirc.
I'll be there myself for some food sometime next week or the week after, gotta stop at least once during my visit.

Reactions: Apparition
Polanka in Rifle right off of I-70 has some really good home made hearty Polish food, its a very small restaurant with limited seating and also seems to have odd hours iirc.
I'll be there myself for some food sometime next week or the week after, gotta stop at least once during my visit.
You better hurry! I live in the area but never have eaten there.
4200D48D-DFCF-408A-B03B-31FB1346AE54.png

• Sad
I'm sure business has been rough the past few months. I believe she used to be in Glenwood Springs and had to relocate the business to Rifle due to rising cost in Glenwood. Hopefully its open when i'm out there, its definitely worth a visit if it is.

Burning Mountain pizza and subs in Silt is another good place if theres a craving for pizza

I'm sure business has been rough the past few months. I believe she used to be in Glenwood Springs and had to relocate the business to Rifle due to rising cost in Glenwood. Hopefully its open when i'm out there, its definitely worth a visit if it is.

Burning Mountain pizza and subs in Silt is another good place if theres a craving for pizza
I have lived in the valley for 20yrs and haven’t eaten there either. But my place has the best pizza.
9FC7C0AF-F36E-4ACE-A3F3-F0018004A056.jpeg

It’s been a bit since I’ve been downtown, but Steubens and Cherry Cricket are both great options. I’d also consider Biker Jim’s or the Terminal Bar, but those may be hard with a trailer. Linger is a nicer spot I think, set up in a former funeral home or something like that.

The key is hydration and starting early so you're down before the lightning starts.
Never knew that but in Canada mountaineering we always started at 3am so we were off the mountain before 1pm, the afternoon was the peak for avalanches.

Denver is a fabulous place. We love visiting it.

This was skiing in August on the Columbia IceField. ........ 1987 lol

Bow Hut 1984 ?.jpeg

Never knew that but in Canada mountaineering we always started at 3am so we were off the mountain before 1pm

Yeah, I try to be well on my way down by noon, so I set my start whenever I need to for that. The rock tends to absorb heat from the sun unevenly vs the tundra and creates a lot of turbulence in the air, leading to thunderstorms that develop very quickly and aren't very visible over the terrain until they're on top of you.

OIP.jpeg

I spend a lot of time in Denver doing stuff for RTD and DTO. My favorite breakfast place is the Red Rooster. You can usually skip lunch after eating there.

You will note an ‘herbal’ scent just outside of downtown.

Reactions: Midtenn