Waiting Sucks!

97JadeTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
[begin rant]

Just an observation… Amazon has spoiled us on waiting for ordered merchandise… I can place an order from Amazon today and generally it will be at my house tomorrow and at the latest Saturday. I placed an order with Bartact, 8 weeks out to ship … Under Cover Fabworks, 2 weeks out to ship… PolyPerformance, 2 weeks out to ship… Savvy, 1 week to ship… All confirmed the order by email but none gave any further delivery details without me contacting them for an update…. For quality I don’t mind waiting and I understand first come first serve, but don’t make me call you 5 days after placing the order to get an update!

On a positive note
Black Magic Brakes
Rock Auto
Crutchfield
provided exceptional customer service, were on the ball and confirmed the order asap and shipped the next day…

If companies want to compete with Amazon they need to provide exceptional customer service with their notifications or that 2 day delivery at Amazon looks more appealing…

[end rant]

Last edited:
Remember the old days where you'd have to mail in your order along with a check or money order? 4-5 days for the order to even get to the vendor, then days for them to process the order. then wait for who knows how long to get it because there were no email updates. That was waiting!
I do agree, however, that Amazon has spoiled us. Sometimes, you just want your shit now!
We just ordered some bedroom furniture, from an actual brick and mortar store. We were told that what we ordered is "in stock" at the manufacturer in a warehouse in Utah, but he couldn't even fathom a guess as to when will will get it! The wait begins.

Last edited:
  • USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Remember the old days where you'd have to mail in your order along with a check or money order? 4-5 days for the order to even get to the vendor, then days for them to process the order. then wait for who knows how long to get it because there were no email updates. That was waiting!
I do agree, however, that Amazon has spoiled us. Sometimes, you just want your shit now!
We just ordered some bedroom furniture, from an actual brick and mortar store. We were told that what we ordered is "in stock" at the manufacturer in a warehouse in Utah, but he couldn't even fathom a guess as to when will will get it! The wait begins.

Oh i remember those days also but with technology as advanced as it is there is no reason that a company can’t give you an approximate date of delivery, whether it’s 2 days or 2 months…

Reactions: Weasellee
First-World-Problems.jpg

Well, if they use FedEx to ship, it won't matter. They are always delaying my shit, at least around here.

I had this problem. Their weekend driver weas lazy and would mark my place as a business and closed so he didn't have to deliver. I complained enough that he either was fired or put on a different route. I've had no problems since.

[begin rant]

Just an observation… Amazon has spoiled us on waiting for ordered merchandise… I can place an order from Amazon today and generally it will be at my house tomorrow and at the latest Saturday. I placed an order with Bartact, 8 weeks out to ship … Under Cover Fabworks, 2 weeks out to ship… PolyPerformance, 2 weeks out to ship… Savvy, 1 week to ship… All confirmed the order by email but none gave any further delivery details without me contacting them for an update…. For quality I don’t mind waiting and I understand first come first serve, but don’t make me call you 5 days after placing the order to get an update!

On a positive note
Black Magic Brakes
Rock Auto
Crutchfield
provided exceptional customer service, were on the ball and confirmed the order asap and shipped the next day…

If companies want to compete with Amazon they need to provide exceptional customer service with their notifications or that 2 day delivery at Amazon looks more appealing…

[end rant]

Are you willing to pay for that service? All that technology doesn't come free and to the small companies you're supporting, its a not insignificant expense.

Reactions: Rickyd
Are you willing to pay for that service? All that technology doesn't come free and to the small companies you're supporting, its a not insignificant expense.

I feel like I’m paying for that service every time I buy something… I believe if they have the ability to send out an email thanking me for my purchase then they have the ability to let me know that it will ship within a certain amount of time… I shouldn’t have to call and say when are you gonna be sending my stuff to me… I liken this too me borrowing money from you and not giving you any kind of timeframe when I’m gonna repay you… I can’t understand why people don’t think this is an issue… Lol

Sooo...
[begin rant]

On a positive note
Black Magic Brakes
Rock Auto
Crutchfield

[end rant]

You are spoiled.

Why didn't you just order all that stuff from amazon in the first place? :unsure:😁

I feel like I’m paying for that service every time I buy something… I believe if they have the ability to send out an email thanking me for my purchase then they have the ability to let me know that it will ship within a certain amount of time… I shouldn’t have to call and say when are you gonna be sending my stuff to me… I liken this too me borrowing money from you and not giving you any kind of timeframe when I’m gonna repay you… I can’t understand why people don’t think this is an issue… Lol

Sending an email from mail chimp is very different than querying a database for stock and production levels and calculating a ship date. The alternative is to try and carry all the varied components “in stock” at all times… that is very expensive too, from a cash flow perspective.

Lots of cool things about living in Hawaii, but shipping isn’t one of them. Always a crapshoot. But I can still order stuff UPS “ground” and I have found that it arrives quicker than if I had chosen a more expensive option. Amazon is pretty good, but is always 2 days to 2 weeks longer than I could get stuff on the mainland. I am going to order some Revolution gears soon-that should be interesting.

I think "in stock" doesn't mean the same thing to all vendors.

I don't list things as in stock unless I can physically put my hands on it right now. And I don't allow orders on out of stock items.

But I'm fairly small, so I guess that's why its easy and not expensive.

This is almost how I ordered my first Tom Woods. It was a phone cal that led to multiple phone calls until I provided good information. Then he quoted the order. After receiving my mail order it was built and shipped.
I still have that sticker that came with it. On a tool box.
I can’t stand what Amazon has down to society.

Reactions: 97JadeTJ and CMBD
I think "in stock" doesn't mean the same thing to all vendors.

I don't list things as in stock unless I can physically put my hands on it right now. And I don't allow orders on out of stock items.

But I'm fairly small, so I guess that's why its easy and not expensive.

So I’m guessing your some type of vendor who allows orders and ships… Correct?… so if I’m correct, when you get an order do you let days go by before you notify the customer of a shipping timeframe?… probably not or you wouldn’t still be in business!

People need to stop acting like they are the only person a company is dealing with and give companies a break.

When you buy something from a company their system automatically sends you an email.

Depending on the company they are dealing with hundreds of orders. It takes time to process the orders. Some companies are faster than others at this.

I had a customer who ordered 8pm on a Friday on a three day weekend. We close at 4pm. On Monday he sent us an email asking why his order hasnt shipped. We don’t work weekends and Monday was a holiday. First minute we opened Tuesday he called complaining why it’s taking so long for us to ship his order. I explained to him you ordered Friday after we closed on a 3 day weekend. We just got into the office and we will try our best to ship it out today. If we can’t get it out today it will ship out tomorrow. He was still being rude and yelling and said if we didn’t get it out today he was going to cancel. So i gave him a refund.

Another customer ordered Saturday and called in Monday stating he doesn’t think he will get his order by Friday which he really needs. He wanted to cancel or expedite his shipping. His order had a tracking number this makes it too late for us to cancel his order or expedite his order. I told him you will get your order by Friday. Our warehouse just needs to pick the items and it will ship. He didn’t like what I told him started being rude saying he doesnt understand why we couldn’t cancel or expedite his order. Come Tuesday he filed a chargeback on his credit card and his items had already shipped.
We lost Money and his order arrived Wednesday. We saved him $100 in expedited shipping and he got free parts since he filed a chargeback.

• Angry

[end rant]

Ahh the Amazon customer. We deal with this type of people all the time. They call, email, and live chat with the company I work in seeking advice. We tell them everything they need to buy what parts to buy and will work with their application.

They turn around and go price match Amazon. We tell them go ahead.
Did amazon help you decide on the correct parts for you? When you have an issue with your order good luck on calling Amazon. If you have a warranty issue good luck on calling Amazon. You need extra help after you got your order? Good luck calling Amazon. Good luck getting Amazon on the phone for any reason.

We do not try to compete with Amazon what so ever. We know what we bring to the table.

“Now” is too slow these days. Federal Express is for when you are in no hurry.

The bar is high.

At the worst, we still have an incredible environment to consume in.

The patience of our national
consciousness has been altered.

We want it perfect, hand delivered and yesterday.

There must be more to life than increasing its’ speed.

Last edited:
People need to stop acting like they are the only person a company is dealing with and give companies a break.

When you buy something from a company their system automatically sends you an email.

Depending on the company they are dealing with hundreds of orders. It takes time to process the orders. Some companies are faster than others at this.

I had a customer who ordered 8pm on a Friday on a three day weekend. We close at 4pm. On Monday he sent us an email asking why his order hasnt shipped. We don’t work weekends and Monday was a holiday. First minute we opened Tuesday he called complaining why it’s taking so long for us to ship his order. I explained to him you ordered Friday after we closed on a 3 day weekend. We just got into the office and we will try our best to ship it out today. If we can’t get it out today it will ship out tomorrow. He was still being rude and yelling and said if we didn’t get it out today he was going to cancel. So i gave him a refund.

Another customer ordered Saturday and called in Monday stating he doesn’t think he will get his order by Friday which he really needs. He wanted to cancel or expedite his shipping. His order had a tracking number this makes it too late for us to cancel his order or expedite his order. I told him you will get your order by Friday. Our warehouse just needs to pick the items and it will ship. He didn’t like what I told him started being rude saying he doesnt understand why we couldn’t cancel or expedite his order. Come Tuesday he filed a chargeback on his credit card and his items had already shipped.
We lost Money and his order arrived Wednesday. We saved him $100 in expedited shipping and he got free parts since he filed a chargeback.

I wasn’t meaning to poke a hornet nest at your business, but your post is exactly what I’m talking about… If you are in the business to take orders and ship products to customers, then you are at the mercy of the Customer and make no mistake they are always right, even when they are wrong…I’m not trying to tell you how to do your job but every customer that does business with you and is not satisfied, for what ever reason, will no longer be a customer and will probably talk more about how bad his service was with you than he ever would’ve talked about his good service with you… that’s just the way it is and if you don’t like it, you can become A Customer …