Wanna buy a Mini Cooper?

Greenmachine

TJ Enthusiast
Not sure if this post is allowed, but since it handles the OPPOSITE of a TJ I figured I’d post it here lol.

I’m selling my daily driver. 2011 Mini Cooper S. 92xxx miles. 6 speed manual. Asking 8k. Clean title, all maintenance records. All season run flats, and 4 snow tires with their own separate Focal wheels. Handles like a sports car, because it is...like I said it’s the opposite handling of our Jeeps 😊 I can send more pics if requested.

If this post isn’t allowed or should be somewhere else, sorry. Feel free to delete/move it.

7CA7C694-BEB6-4473-A0CC-363B6F26C406.jpeg

B5F6D88C-0961-4050-A591-765EEEEE867E.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Pretty reliable? I'm in the market for a little car again, something fun for like $7-8k. All I have now are trucks and a big ass boat from the 70's. Been shopping Miatas, S2000s... I started looking these over as well, though I know nothing about them. Having a back seat would probably be more practical.

Pretty reliable? I'm in the market for a little car again, something fun for like $7-8k. All I have now are trucks and a big ass boat from the 70's. Been shopping Miatas, S2000s... I started looking these over as well, though I know nothing about them. Having a back seat would probably be more practical.

While not considered a true Mini by the purists, the Mini Paceman does have a rear seat (probably like a JK is to us?).

I'm not a huge fan of the newer Minis because the driver's seat is too high (I'm tall and nearly bump the roof) and because the lag is too much (sport mode doesn't shorten this either). Aside from that, they're a fun car to drive.

I'm not a huge fan of the newer Minis because the driver's seat is too high (I'm tall and nearly bump the roof) and because the lag is too much (sport mode doesn't shorten this either). Aside from that, they're a fun car to drive.

I'm~6'6" and sold our 1st gen S model (supercharged) a few months ago. Didn't have an issue with head, shoulder, or leg room. In fact, the seat went too far back for my liking.

The car was an absolute blast to drive and really came alive above 4k RPMs. I decided to sell it in order to preserve my excellent driving record.

I had one of these and loved it. Seat all way down and back as I’m 6’3. I owned a Miata previously also. The Mini has lot more room, although the backseat is really more for looks than function. It definitely is nice to be able to take more than a small duffle, which is about all Miata allowed, if you are going for weekend trip. Of course you can park Miata under TJ on rainy day 🤪

I had one of these and loved it. Seat all way down and back as I’m 6’3. I owned a Miata previously also. The Mini has lot more room, although the backseat is really more for looks than function. It definitely is nice to be able to take more than a small duffle, which is about all Miata allowed, if you are going for weekend trip. Of course you can park Miata under TJ on rainy day 🤪

Was there some year when the seat wouldn't go down? I remember there being a pump style handle that would move the seat forward and back but no way to go up/down?

Was there some year when the seat wouldn't go down? I remember there being a pump style handle that would move the seat forward and back but no way to go up/down?

That I can’t say. Want to say my Mini was 2007. I had to sell it when moved to Manila.

I like that the speedometer highlights 80. It's the speed limit in MT. as in a few other states.
But it does encourage a driver to go 20 over... ok by me.

Yea it’s pretty good. It’s my 2nd mini, I had 2005 convertible (not an S) and I drove it from NY to California and back, going through Utah on the way back. No problems. This one hasn’t been perfect but I wouldn’t say its unreliable. This one is waaaaay faster than the non-S. I love it, especially the way it handles but 5 cars is 2 too much lol. I would definetly drive one and see how it feels compared to a Miata and the S2000, I can’t speak to those; I’ve never driven either.

Reactions: qslim
I'm~6'6" and sold our 1st gen S model (supercharged) a few months ago. Didn't have an issue with head, shoulder, or leg room. In fact, the seat went too far back for my liking.

The car was an absolute blast to drive and really came alive above 4k RPMs. I decided to sell it in order to preserve my excellent driving record.
I’m 6’6” also! When people realize I drive this car hey freak out lol...but there is plenty of room! I even have a car seat for my 4 year old in back (behind the passenger of course).

CBB4CACC-EDE9-4F8E-84DA-43121B218157.jpeg

Yea it’s pretty good. It’s my 2nd mini, I had 2005 convertible (not an S) and I drove it from NY to California and back, going through Utah on the way back. No problems. This one hasn’t been perfect but I wouldn’t say its unreliable. This one is waaaaay faster than the non-S. I love it, especially the way it handles but 5 cars is 2 too much lol. I would definetly drive one and see how it feels compared to a Miata and the S2000, I can’t speak to those; I’ve never driven either.

Five is too many? Lol, I have a similar problem. I hit rock bottom in Fl a few years back when I realized my garage & both driveways (lived on a corner, circle drive in the front and a regular drive on the side) were full. I was up to 7, plus a trailer. And a couple of motorcycles. And a boat. If I felt like taking a garage car to work in the morning it looked like a full-on valet operation.

I'm doing pretty well in recovery now though, I'm down to four. I'm starting to get the shakes though, and I'm telling myself that a tiny zippy car can be parked on the side of the house by the trailer or turned sideways in front of the TJ. I just need one more car and then I swear I'll stop.

My next house is going to be on property big enough for an aircraft hangar.

Five is too many? Lol, I have a similar problem. I hit rock bottom in Fl a few years back when I realized my garage & both driveways (lived on a corner, circle drive in the front and a regular drive on the side) were full. I was up to 7, plus a trailer. And a couple of motorcycles. And a boat. If I felt like taking a garage car to work in the morning it looked like a full-on valet operation.

I'm doing pretty well in recovery now though, I'm down to four. I'm starting to get the shakes though, and I'm telling myself that a tiny zippy car can be parked on the side of the house by the trailer or turned sideways in front of the TJ. I just need one more car and then I swear I'll stop.

My next house is going to be on property big enough for an aircraft hangar.

LOL! Down to 5 myself. I've had this recurring dream that I've misplaced one. Maybe I just parked it someplace and forgot about it.

Nice Mini!

Reactions: Greenmachine
Not sure if this post is allowed, but since it handles the OPPOSITE of a TJ I figured I’d post it here lol.

I’m selling my daily driver. 2011 Mini Cooper S. 92xxx miles. 6 speed manual. Asking 8k. Clean title, all maintenance records. All season run flats, and 4 snow tires with their own separate Focal wheels. Handles like a sports car, because it is...like I said it’s the opposite handling of our Jeeps 😊 I can send more pics if requested.

If this post isn’t allowed or should be somewhere else, sorry. Feel free to delete/move it.

View attachment 155122

View attachment 155123
Greenmachine
You do deliveries to “MILE ZERO” ALASKA-highway up here in Dawson Creek ?

just kidding brotha, don’t they make a “ALL-4” model ?

it won’t last very long as “for sale”

take care

Detour overnout

-•|||||•-👋🏿