Wanting it bad

Well I think the fact the 2 stroke won’t overheat as fast, has smoother /better power delivery and light weight is what drove the revolution- If you go to an Enduro and look at the starting line it will just be a sea of orange and white (husky/ktm makes them too) bikes.

This started around 07-08- the Japanese abandoned 2 strokes At the same time the Austrians perfected theirs-

This is not to say that four strokes are not viable - But to get the same power they had to up displacement of the four stroke and they became monsters- There are still a lot of people that love both, But when you start looking at guys doing slower , tight trail riding you’re going to see a lot more two strokes overall.

A big thumper is still fun-that is the word for a 4 stroke.
I would take a 2 stroke over a 4 stroke any day, My first 2 bikes were 4 strokes, then I started riding 2 strokes and never looked back...

Like you said, KTM and Husky have pretty much perfected 2 strokes

Reactions: ColoJeep and AndyG
I would take a 2 stroke over a 4 stroke any day, My first 2 bikes were 4 strokes, then I started riding 2 strokes and never looked back...

Like you said, KTM and Husky have pretty much perfected 2 strokes
Slap a rekluse auto clutch in one and it is hard to believe how good they are-

4 strokes nowadays have way to many electronics
Well that’s another deal if you drop one in water you are in a mess- All the local guys that ride the really hard core staff won’t even get the TPI 2 strokes- they want carbs- Because they know if they sink it in water they can turn it upside down flush the engine clean the filter and fire it up-

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
Her name was Jennifer and she lived around the corner. Got to 2nd base w/ her once. She was on Drill Team and a cheerleader. She had incredible tits for a sophomore. Oh, you meant cars! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I bought every car that I ever REALLY wanted, from a '68 Camaro, an '84 Porsche Carrera, a Dodge R/T Charger, and even a Harley. I never had a dirt bike that was worth a shit.

Her name was Jennifer and she lived around the corner. Got to 2nd base w/ her once. She was on Drill Team and a cheerleader. She had incredible tits for a sophomore. Oh, you meant cars! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I bought every car that I ever REALLY wanted, from a '68 Camaro, an '84 Porsche Carrera, a Dodge R/T Charger, and even a Harley. I never had a dirt bike that was worth a shit.
What was your favorite of all those cool cars?

Was a dirt bike from 12-14…then it became a early Bronco . 66-77.

I got into land cruisers. Owned many generations. Lots of cool ones.

But never a EB.

Yes I can afford/own me now. But it hurts to spend that much on a toy. FML!
What did you think of landcruisers vs jeeps? So many LC guys seem to just keep them stock which is so lame Imo.

I'm sold! A rock crawler dirt bike sounds like something i need.
I broke everything I got. Nothing could handle my abusive behavior to vehicles. Pit in my stomach thinking about it, and I worked at a junkyard.
I had a brother who twisted a drive shaft like a Twizzler- He would leave the house burning rubber more times than not.

I've always had a thing for a short wheelbase RWD. Before I was into 4x4s it was cars though. I had a couple of Datsun and Nissan Z cars, and by the time I graduated from college I had my first five figure salary burning a hole in my bank account and Mazda had finally dropped the girly Miata name from the MX-5, along with adding 20% to the hp figure, and a bodystyle change that moved it a hair toward performance and less of that cutesy cartoon look they started with.

The market apparently wasn't as interested as I was, which meant that in March of 2007 there were still 2006 models on the lot and I got the fully loaded six speed, limited slip, HID headlights, fake leather and upgraded top for over 20% off MSRP.

I put 25k miles on it in about 18 months and eventually came to a realization about the sustainability of the amount of debt I had acquired, and selling the car was the lowest hanging fruit to start getting myself out.

It's still the least practical, and only new car I've ever owned, as well as tied for the most I've ever spent in a vehicle purchase (though I likely have more total invested in the LJ).

Reactions: L J
I've always had a thing for a short wheelbase RWD. Before I was into 4x4s it was cars though. I had a couple of Datsun and Nissan Z cars, and by the time I graduated from college I had my first five figure salary burning a hole in my bank account and Mazda had finally dropped the girly Miata name from the MX-5, along with adding 20% to the hp figure, and a bodystyle change that moved it a hair toward performance and less of that cutesy cartoon look they started with.

The market apparently wasn't as interested as I was, which meant that in March of 2007 there were still 2006 models on the lot and I got the fully loaded six speed, limited slip, HID headlights, fake leather and upgraded top for over 20% off MSRP.

I put 25k miles on it in about 18 months and eventually came to a realization about the sustainability of the amount of debt I had acquired, and selling the car was the lowest hanging fruit to start getting myself out.

It's still the least practical, and only new car I've ever owned, as well as tied for the most I've ever spent in a vehicle purchase (though I likely have more total invested in the LJ).
I’ve heard they are very fun to drive -

As a kid I always loved jeeps! When I turned 16 my parents were going to buy me a car, I had a budget of 1500 bucks, this was back in 93, so wasn’t terrible. I had my eyes set on a friends brother CJ5 on 33” tires and a soft top. I first took it for a test drive, it rode like shit, was loud as hell but I was in love. Had my dad take a look at it and take it for a test drive. I got the big no way from him.

I wanted a jeep so bad, but my parents were convinced I would roll one. So one day my dad came home with a 1983 Mazda rx7, well I wasn’t going to flip that, but I racked up speeding tickets in a hurry!

I graduated high school, parents offered to buy me a new car. I was looking at a 1995 yj with the 4 banger. My parents were going to pay for it, I just had to pay for insurance and gas. Well, all those speeding tickets bit me in the ass! Insurance on a new jeep, being a young teen boy with somewhere around 18 points on his license I couldn’t afford the insurance!!! Shortly after that I had my license taken away, so my parents bought me a really nice mountain bike! Haha

Got my license back, parents offered a deal, whatever I saved up they would match. I was able to save 2,500 up, so I had 5000 to work with. Found a 1 owner 1986 CJ7 driven by an old lady. Was just about mint with 81,000 on the clock. Was a maroon laredo, loved that jeep. Learned to wheel and wrench on that thing. Ever since then I’ve been hooked!

As a kid I always loved jeeps! When I turned 16 my parents were going to buy me a car, I had a budget of 1500 bucks, this was back in 93, so wasn’t terrible. I had my eyes set on a friends brother CJ5 on 33” tires and a soft top. I first took it for a test drive, it rode like shit, was loud as hell but I was in love. Had my dad take a look at it and take it for a test drive. I got the big no way from him.

I wanted a jeep so bad, but my parents were convinced I would roll one. So one day my dad came home with a 1983 Mazda rx7, well I wasn’t going to flip that, but I racked up speeding tickets in a hurry!

I graduated high school, parents offered to buy me a new car. I was looking at a 1995 yj with the 4 banger. My parents were going to pay for it, I just had to pay for insurance and gas. Well, all those speeding tickets bit me in the ass! Insurance on a new jeep, being a young teen boy with somewhere around 18 points on his license I couldn’t afford the insurance!!! Shortly after that I had my license taken away, so my parents bought me a really nice mountain bike! Haha

Got my license back, parents offered a deal, whatever I saved up they would match. I was able to save 2,500 up, so I had 5000 to work with. Found a 1 owner 1986 CJ7 driven by an old lady. Was just about mint with 81,000 on the clock. Was a maroon laredo, loved that jeep. Learned to wheel and wrench on that thing. Ever since then I’ve been hooked!
That was the era of jeeps that hooked me too- had a 79 CJ-5, notorious for rolling and they did drive terrible. My 83 CJ 7 is a great memory.

Great post, thanks.

I’ve heard they are very fun to drive -

It was a blast. I could turn the DSC off and get sideways at will, or scare the hell out of my friends going around cloverleaf offramps without any brake. It's amazing what a modest engine and brakes can do in something that only weighs 2500lbs.

Reactions: AndyG
For me it was a Jeep or a Meyers Manx. Both slipped just out of my fingers as a young adult. My dad had a bright orange Meyers. Needed some TLC, but it was cool... Man I loved that thing. Ansen Slot mags, Goodyear wide oval tires in back. I can still remember the pop of that flat four though the open headers. 8" chrome headlights, it was just cool. He sold it when I was 15 and I didn't have any money. If I ever see that car around again though... I'll buy it, whatever it takes. I've asked if he has any records of who he sold it to, or for the VIN, and he doesn't.

The Jeep was when I was in college. I had a little S10 with the 2.5 iron duke, 2wd, in an area that gets about 300 inches of snow every winter. It didn't work out that well. So, the deal was, mom and dad would help me along with a different car, and put money together with what I could sell the truck for. I ended up with about 6500 bucks for a car so we picked a nice 2door lumina. It was sharp, and a pretty nice car. After I found out though, I found out that a guy I used to work with was selling his CJ7. It was mostly restored, but like most, needed some TLC. My parents, knowing me, didn't tell me that it was for sale. I was pretty upset for a while.

It took me another 20 years before I got my Jeep. I had looked before, but couldn't really afford to get a decent one, and didn't want to buy a rusty pile (if I only knew). Now I have one, and I'll never not have one again!

For me it was a Jeep or a Meyers Manx. Both slipped just out of my fingers as a young adult. My dad had a bright orange Meyers. Needed some TLC, but it was cool... Man I loved that thing. Ansen Slot mags, Goodyear wide oval tires in back. I can still remember the pop of that flat four though the open headers. 8" chrome headlights, it was just cool. He sold it when I was 15 and I didn't have any money. If I ever see that car around again though... I'll buy it, whatever it takes. I've asked if he has any records of who he sold it to, or for the VIN, and he doesn't.

The Jeep was when I was in college. I had a little S10 with the 2.5 iron duke, 2wd, in an area that gets about 300 inches of snow every winter. It didn't work out that well. So, the deal was, mom and dad would help me along with a different car, and put money together with what I could sell the truck for. I ended up with about 6500 bucks for a car so we picked a nice 2door lumina. It was sharp, and a pretty nice car. After I found out though, I found out that a guy I used to work with was selling his CJ7. It was mostly restored, but like most, needed some TLC. My parents, knowing me, didn't tell me that it was for sale. I was pretty upset for a while.

It took me another 20 years before I got my Jeep. I had looked before, but couldn't really afford to get a decent one, and didn't want to buy a rusty pile (if I only knew). Now I have one, and I'll never not have one again!
It’s great when things finally come home- we can have about anything in life it seems- but we sure don’t get it all at once. I know where a good Manx sits right now- very cool, iconic really.

Reactions: Mike_H
Why choice of woods bikes? I would think the 4 stroker grunt would do it better at low speed? If I get a bike it will be a woods bike or a trials to try out 2 wheel rock crawling
Why choice of woods bikes? I would think the 4 stroker grunt would do it better at low speed? If I get a bike it will be a woods bike or a trials to try out 2 wheel rock crawling
Try this one! I have an early 250x model in the garage.
https://www.christini.com/bikes/christini-awd-450