Warn 10k winch dashboard switch

2 of the wires in the remote are just a ground pass through. If you wire them to the arming switch then the other 3 just go to the in/out toggle switch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Here is how I wired my plan b switch: (notice the black wire in the middle)
20171202_115121.jpg
20171119_224412.jpg

Reactions: Fonz54
This is what I was looking for any pics of your setup?

Well, I did it a little different...

I used a second remote cable and cut the remote off. I then ran the cable in to the dash to a 12 Volt Guy Switch Plate

IMG_20180403_183503330-800x600.jpg

I then stow the connector under the hood until I go wheeling

IMG_20180403_183639076-600x800.jpg

When I go wheeling I connect it up

IMG_20180403_183602444-600x800.jpg

Doing it this way actually acts as a second safety switch just in case someone in the cab wants to play with your switches.

Last edited:
Well, I did it a little different...

I used a second remote cable and cut the remote off. I then ran the cable in to the dash to a 12 Volt Guy Switch Plate

View attachment 37811

I then just stow the connector under the hood until I go wheeling

View attachment 37812

When I go wheeling I just connect it up

View attachment 37814

Doing it this way actually acts as a second safety switch just in case someone in the cab wants to play with your switches.
That winch switch is really nice where did you find it

I use a similar aftermarket contactor on my 8274. I leave the contactor ground connected full time to the winch motor. I then run the 12v+ in to the toggle switch. From there I run it to the common on the on/off/on switch. (the 12v+ can come from anywhere handy.) the on sides of the switch run to the in and out connections on the contactor. It's the same wireing harness that I used to run on my old solinoid based M10000. Nothing has really changed except now it's easier to wire up.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Whats the mod for the transfer case shifter knob? I looked into freeing up that space but I didn't find anything! Looks like you added another cig lighter and a switch?

I am not sure if it is available anymore, but I bought a new Stick from Ebay that is straight. Although I have seen others just heat up and bend their stock ones straight. Then I bought the new knobs off of ebay.

On an unrelated note, I had some issues with the transfer case linkage going to crap, so I replaced it with the cable and wasn't able to keep the throw of the stick inside the stock hole. I had to cut about an inch out of the console in the back for 4 low. It doesn't look horrible, but if you are worried about the looks and you change to a cable, then you may consider those consequences.

I tried, to get rid of the whole console and replace it with boots, but I couldn't come up with any good storage and or cup holders, so I am living with about an inch of plastic cut out of the console. It doesn't bother me, but my Jeep is not a show truck.

What I did was I cut the ash tray out and bought another stock switch panel and screwed them together. So It came with another power port. I replaced all of the switches with factory type switches. I then covered the second power hole with the winch switch (Plan B) from 12volt guy. It was a slick set up. It came with all of the wires pre-wired and labelled. Highly recommend it. It turned out clean.

Then down on the console I added my dual battery switch, and a usb charger port.

Let me know if you want/need any more info or help.

I am not sure if it is available anymore, but I bought a new Stick from Ebay that is straight. Although I have seen others just heat up and bend their stock ones straight. Then I bought the new knobs off of ebay.

On an unrelated note, I had some issues with the transfer case linkage going to crap, so I replaced it with the cable and wasn't able to keep the throw of the stick inside the stock hole. I had to cut about an inch out of the console in the back for 4 low. It doesn't look horrible, but if you are worried about the looks and you change to a cable, then you may consider those consequences.

I tried, to get rid of the whole console and replace it with boots, but I couldn't come up with any good storage and or cup holders, so I am living with about an inch of plastic cut out of the console. It doesn't bother me, but my Jeep is not a show truck.

What I did was I cut the ash tray out and bought another stock switch panel and screwed them together. So It came with another power port. I replaced all of the switches with factory type switches. I then covered the second power hole with the winch switch (Plan B) from 12volt guy. It was a slick set up. It came with all of the wires pre-wired and labelled. Highly recommend it. It turned out clean.

Then down on the console I added my dual battery switch, and a usb charger port.

Let me know if you want/need any more info or help.

Dual batteries worth it or no? Set up looks nice man!!

Reactions: ac_
Dual batteries worth it or no?
No, not needed for typical winching needs. My winch has had to drag my TJ off the trail a couple times with a single battery when the engine couldn't be started. Even after that the single battery still started the engine afterward after getting the engine problem fixed. Just use a good quality HD AGM battery.

No, not needed for typical winching needs. My winch has had to drag my TJ off the trail a couple times with a single battery when the engine couldn't be started. Even after that the single battery still started the engine afterward after getting the engine problem fixed. Just use a good quality HD AGM battery.

I've read up on it i know its not normally recommended. I have an odyssey xtreme battery so i'm good there, but i'm planning on running a 1600 watt amp and i would like to be able to run my stereo for a longer amount of time without having my jeep running. Also looking to install an inverter.