Water on the floor pans (what I found)

TJScott

TJ Enthusiast
I had been dealing with water on my floors in my 2003 Sport. I replaced both door seals with new OEM. I checked the drain up front. It didn't rain much where I used to live so I just emptied the floor mats which held all the water, had high sides. We then moved to Canada where it rains a lot. So, it became something to try to fix. I had weather stripping you would use between a shell and the bed of a truck. Comes on a roll and sticky on one side. I tried it along the front of the door inside the jam. As far as I could tell that's where the water was coming in. I tried a small piece at first and that helped but didn't really get it. Ultimately I ran it down from the very top all the way down to where the door switch is, I did both sides. That resolved it. I have a totally dry Jeep in torrential rain now. I thought it would look tacky, but it isn't terrible. Maybe if I could get my doors off out here it might bug me more. But, having no water on the floors is big.
I thought I would post this in the event it helps someone dealing with this irritant.
IMG_7332.jpeg