Wear you seat belt

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
We lost a 16 year old recently in an off road Jeep roll over. Ejected.

Wear your seat belt , make you passengers wear them and especially your kids that run around in them.

It’s tantamount to a helmet on a motorcycle.

Law enforcement will tell you they rarely pull dead people from cars with seat belts .

Tj’s have a cage , stay in it and you will typically be fine.

Stay safe, not trying to lecture, just a reminder.

Life is short enough.

AndyG

We lost a 16 year old recently in an off road Jeep roll over. Ejected.

Wear your seat belt , make you passengers wear them and especially your kids that run around in them.

It’s tantamount to a helmet on a motorcycle.

Law enforcement will tell you they rarely pull dead people from cars with seat belts .

Tj’s have a cage , stay in it and you will typically be fine.

Stay safe, not trying to lecture, just a reminder.

Life is short enough.

AndyG
I call it "committing suicide". You can split a few hairs in disagreement but the end result is the same. It is a senseless tragedy that is caused by choices that you made that resulted in a situation that affects everyone that knows and cares about you in a negative way. If you don't want to do it for yourself, do it for those you care about.

On road or off road, the seatbelts work just a thin hair under 100% of the time at keeping you alive. Not wearing a seatbelt works closer to only 1% of the time.

Last year some local kids had a Cherokee roll over after jumping some tracks while on the road and ending up off the road. IIRC two teens with seat belts went home, one with a seat belt got checked out at the hospital then went home. Sadly I do know that the one not using his seat belt did not survive the wreck.

Reactions: Thunderhead
Years ago, a 15 year old neighbor of mine got ejected in a Jeep roll over and died. Another passenger broke her neck. This local guy wore his seat belt and had very minor injuries when he rolled. Both Jeeps were on the street. Nobody rides in my Jeep without wearing one.
WRECKED JEEP1 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg
WRECKED JEEP (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Try living here in Arizona, where idiots ride motorcycles all day long without helmets (it's legal here).

As a life long motorcycle rider, I can tell you this is one of the stupidest things anyone can do. Can't even tell you how many times I've been hit in the helmet with large rocks. Imagine if I hadn't been wearing a helmet!

You can't fix stupid, and Social Darwinism is a real thing.

Try living here in Arizona, where idiots ride motorcycles all day long without helmets (it's legal here).

As a life long motorcycle rider, I can tell you this is one of the stupidest things anyone can do. Can't even tell you how many times I've been hit in the helmet with large rocks. Imagine if I hadn't been wearing a helmet!

So true .

Gary Busey is a prime example of why you should wear a helmet.

Growing up seatbelts were not required and hardly used by anyone in my family. To this day I ride with family they just don’t buckle up.
That changes for me when I was about 21. I knew a guy and he drove a cement truck for work. He got broad sided by a truck, rolled the cement truck, he fell out and got crushed by the truck. Fuck that shit. Keep me in the vehicle.
Buckled up huckleberry