Well I still believe that the best chemicals are toxic

When I bought my house in 2000 there was a container of Chlordane in the shed. And what about DDT? As a kid living outside Chicago they would fog the streets for mosquitoes with it in the wee hours. I can remember my mom getting up and slamming all the window shut and swearing.
FWIW the bedbug problems that are returning to society are due to no DDT, it was the only thing that kept them at bay.

If you use California standards EVERYTHING is toxic. I bought a pair of wheelbarrow handles, metal ones, yes, wheelbarrow handles. They were marked with a sticker informing me that they had been determined by the state of California to give me cancer. Wheelbarrow handles.

Last edited:
  • Face Palm
Reactions: ColoJeep
I miss the caustic hot tank solutions. One place I worked had a pressure spray apparatus that cleaned an engine block in 20 minutes.

Reactions: matkal
If you use California standards EVERYTHING is toxic. I bought a pair of wheelbarrow handles, metal ones, yes, wheelbarrow handles. They were marked with a sticker informing me that they had been determined by the state of California to give me cancer. Wheelbarrow handles.

That’s actually misleading.
It’s not the handles themselves that cause cancer, it’s the WORK that having wheel barrow handles causes you to do that causes cancer.
😂

I remember pouring MEK on a rag and using it to clean parts, indoors, with un-gloved hands!

I was getting ready to go backpacking one time, and was at the local hardware store looking for a can of methanol for my stove. One of their helpers came around and handed me a can of MEK! Good thing I knew better or my burnt remains may have been left out in the wilderness.

Living in Ca I can’t get shit. No rat poison, gopher gas, rat poison, pre-emergent herbicide or any insecticide that works. Even oil based paint. I can’t buy Everclear over 100proof. I have to buy things out of state or from Mexico.

• Sad
Reactions: matkal