What about these tires?

BendLarry

TJ Addict
Comments, thoughts and yes opinions. I just bought this jeep last month. It has these Hankook tires. I have never owned Hankook tires before. I have not yet lowered the air pressure and crawled over anything, but they handle pretty good on the road. Are these decent tires? Crappy tires? Or what??
2017-04-27 15.49.36.jpg
2017-04-27 15.49.53.jpg
2017-04-27 15.50.18.jpg
2017-04-27 15.50.27.jpg

While I've never owned Hankook tires, I have owned plenty of Kumho tires (which they are both made in South Korea last I checked).

All of my Kumho tires were exceptionally good (I was using them on a track car) and I would not hesitate to use them again. I can't comment on the Hankook tires personally, but I have to imagine they are good tires. They look like they are!

Reactions: BendLarry
Thanks Chris what type of tires would you call them? Just run of the mill all terrain? The guy I bought if from said something about this tire being taller than most 285's? I kind of think they will be a decent mostly road tire, but will handle mild off road as well.

The expedition guys seem to like them for general use. They're supposed to balance out well, and be pretty tough. Give them a shot, Hankook has a pretty good reputation overall.

Last edited:
All terrain, had those tires on my JK, 265/75-16. Really like them. More aggressive looking than a lot of A/T tires, quiet on the highway. I took them off my JK, they are now on my 2013 4x4 Tacoma. One of the better tires I have had. Plan to run those 'til they wear out. I'd run them on my TJ without hesitation, and they are priced better than a lot of A/T tires.

Actually, my Rubicon & Tacoma run the same size tires, and I have seriously considered swapping the Hankook tires onto the TJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeM and BendLarry
All terrain, had those tires on my JK, 265/75-16. Really like them. More aggressive looking than a lot of A/T tires, quiet on the highway. I took them off my JK, they are now on my 2013 4x4 Tacoma. One of the better tires I have had. Plan to run those 'til they wear out. I'd run them on my TJ without hesitation, and they are priced better than a lot of A/T tires.

Actually, my Rubicon & Tacoma run the same size tires, and I have seriously considered swapping the Hankook tires onto the TJ.
Thank you , good to know. I won't set them on fire after all.:aplastao:

Reactions: StG58
Here's some photos of when they were on the JK I had last...don't have any current of them on the Tacoma:
IMG_0752_zpsgjdpafd8.jpg
IMG_0753_zpsnxs160dd.jpg
IMG_0754_zpsn7tifqmm.jpg
IMG_0755_zpsyk0rltsu.jpg
IMG_0756_zpsj0ygc7t6.jpg

Like I said, somewhat aggressive looking, quiet on the road. Good tires overall.