What additional parts will I need for a tummy tuck?

rjinaz86323

Grasslands of Arizona
Supporting Member
Thinking about a TT (full or partial) since I want to do new skids to protect trans and engine too. 2003 TJ auto with 4in SL & 1.25 BL. Already has SYE/DC. Rear control arms are not adjustable, but bottoms are aftermarket in the correct length so angles are fine. What additional parts will I need for this. I assume MML and adjustable CA as well as new skid. I will build my own skid out of aluminum. Thx

Reactions: Trod286
Start here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/the-official-tummy-tuck-faq-thread.173/

You're on the right track with the body lift and the SYE already installed. Motor mount lift and adjustable rear upper control arms are a must. Your DC rear driveshaft should work, hopefully it is long enough after the tuck. You will likely need to adjust your exhaust and modify the spring perches to avoid the shocks. Do you have a cable shifter? How about a rear track bar relocation bracket?

I have to agree on the exhaust rework. I have a full TT and still run the stock exhaust. My muffler likes to bang against the back of the skid at odd times. Not a major problem, but one more "Noise" to ignore.