What are the best motor mounts for an LS swap?

Exactly. You want as much off idle torque as possible. Truck or long runner intake, mild truck cam build low end is best. Good job on oil pan. Found out after install my mistake. Easy enough to fix.

If I didn't have so much wrapped up in my Magnum engine & swap I'd seriously be thinking about doing a LS swap.
I know it's said the LS is a more efficient engine than the magnum but I do like keeping it all in the family.

That sounds very similar to what I have in mind, keeping my eye on FB for Escalade donor though I’m not sure if the flat top pistons are worth the price difference from LQ4. See a lot of budget YouTube videos that don’t do main or cam bearings, reuse lifter trays or gaskets, etc. but if you have it apart already can’t see why would not do those. I get the cost aspect but I want it to last 150k+. I think my biggest stumbling block is wanting to much cam.

Did you have any work done to the heads (other than trunnion)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman
No work to the heads. The aluminum ones I bought from a guy on craigslist he allready cleaned them up. The only difference between a lq4 and a lq9 is the flat top pistons. Thats where the extra power comes in. 10cc less than the dished pistons. The 5.3 heads I have are 10cc smaller combustion chamber so should have the same effect as the flat top pistons. I was looking at a sloppy stage 2 cam originally. Would give around 60 horse and torque. But after more research I found out my torque band would be to far in. Going to an 8 cyl engine allready boosts power 60 plus in both categories no need for over 400 horsepower in these little rigs. I bought my engine from a junk yard for 1250. It was allready pulled thats why I decided to just go ahead and do a full rebuild from the start.

Reactions: motomick76
YouTube and google clearly leads people on similar paths as I actually have a sloppy stage 2 in my possible build list. Discussions like this are helping talk me down from that LOL.

They go quick but I‘ve seen a couple Escalades for around $2k. Yes they tend to be higher miles but if are doing rebuild anyway something like 200k shouldn’t be an issue right, especially if allows you to hear it run. I like idea that gives you motor, tranny, electronic, etc. already matched. Plus figure I can sell parts or the roller and get a little back.

YouTube and google clearly leads people on similar paths as I actually have a sloppy stage 2 in my possible build list. Discussions like this are helping talk me down from that LOL.

They go quick but I‘ve seen a couple Escalades for around $2k. Yes they tend to be higher miles but if are doing rebuild anyway something like 200k shouldn’t be an issue right, especially if allows you to hear it run. I like idea that gives you motor, tranny, electronic, etc. already matched. Plus figure I can sell parts or the roller and get a little back.
There os a premium for the 6.0. For $1000 you can get a 5.3 with a trans. do the same cam and get close to the same power. There is no shame in the 4.8/5.3/5.7 they all take same upgrades and make great power. You can save $1000 or more.

I'm doing a swap now, I used the Novak motor mounts. We just set the LS in last week. I'm using a nv3550 tranny and with this combo found out last night NO need for new driveshafts. Whew! That saved me $400.
The Novak mounts have a 3 position bolt hole on both mounts which allows for some front to back engine adjustment if need be.

There os a premium for the 6.0. For $1000 you can get a 5.3 with a trans. do the same cam and get close to the same power. There is no shame in the 4.8/5.3/5.7 they all take same upgrades and make great power. You can save $1000 or more.

Story time- have a buddy with rock buggy had lq4. Got sideways, lack of oil, spun bearing. Made it off trail. Got home, found 5.3, popped it in, went back wheeling. I like fact knowing I am not just stuck with my 4.8. If I get tired or blow it, I can upgrade and there will not be any big issues doing it.

I'm doing a swap now, I used the Novak motor mounts. We just set the LS in last week. I'm using a nv3550 tranny and with this combo found out last night NO need for new driveshafts. Whew! That saved me $400.
The Novak mounts have a 3 position bolt hole on both mounts which allows for some front to back engine adjustment if need be.
Upon handling the novak mounts do they feel and look strong. Did you put your body back together how are things fitting. Did you figure out where the mounts go by trial and error or did you go with one of the guides out there that tell you placement.

My LS swap has Novak mounts plus other products of theirs and everything is outstanding. A great company to work with.
What were the other parts that you used. Did you have a lift already or did you have to do a lift with the install body or suspension.

What were the other parts that you used. Did you have a lift already or did you have to do a lift with the install body or suspension.
If you are in the Phoenix area I would be happy to drive by and let you see the LS swap to get ideas of what to do and what not to do.

If you are in the Phoenix area I would be happy to drive by and let you see the LS swap to get ideas of what to do and what not to do.
I am in Peoria. If you are willing to take the time to allow me to look at your jeep I wont pass up the chance. I will private message you.

I saw the Daves Customs mounts mentioned earlier. Be aware his mounts are designed around a passenger side (Chevy) axle with a passenger side drop transfercase. Just FYI. The Novak and Advanced Adapters seems to have very good reviews.

I saw the Daves Customs mounts mentioned earlier. Be aware his mounts are designed around a passenger side (Chevy) axle with a passenger side drop transfercase. Just FYI. The Novak and Advanced Adapters seems to have very good reviews.

Thanks and that is good to know information.

Thank you for that info.

If you need a suggestion on hooking a 4L60E to an Advanced Adaptors feel free to contact me.
The 4L60 should be researched. Its not as strong as people and trans builders claim. Id go with a 3/4 ton / 1 ton trans if budget allows.

if you are on a budget, a 4L60E is a reasonable choice.