What are you buying your TJ with your $600 stimulus payment?

I meant Florida gets the escape. I knew NY doesn’t.
I know you were responding to @Viking Jeeper ..I just needed to rant a bit more...lol. at least my oldest was smart enough to leave the state, he teaches PE in NH, no state income tax and the cheapest alcohal in the country as far as I know. My daughter is going to college in NC so there is hope she stays the hell out of here as well. I don't want grand kids here tying us to this state.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
I know you were responding to @Viking Jeeper ..I just needed to rant a bit more...lol. at least my oldest was smart enough to leave the state, he teaches PE in NH, no state income tax and the cheapest alcohal in the country as far as I know. My daughter is going to college in NC so there is hope she stays the hell out of here as well. I don't want grand kids here tying us to this state.
Every year, about this time through April, I get the same rant from you! It’s a justified rant. You can rant to me anytime.

• USA Proud
My Dad wanted to move out of Illinois for decades due to the crooked politics and state debt but never did before he died this spring. Its not easy to leave a place where you have lived much of your adult life and you have kids, grandkids, great grandkids nearby.

• Sad
WARNING- RANT BELOW.

So it begs the question...why are these stimulus packages so jacked up? Some of us are blessed and still working while others are seriously struggling. They send $600 to everyone (for the most part) yet the retired, the working etc haven’t had any change in their lifestyle, probably saving money because they aren’t eating out. Is the $600 really going to stimulate, say the restaurant business? Heck no, in most areas you can’t even dine out so they don’t get helped with this alleged stimulus business. Is the $600 going to help them pay their rent?...what for a week or two? Maybe if they would have set it up so people had to apply for relief and prove they are struggling they would get a larger sum to help them in a quantifiable way instead of willy nilly mailing checks to everyone and putting the good old USA further in the hole.

So for those if us who feel the right thing to do is to help those in need and manage the payouts ourselves. I want to say thank you to those folks for having a good heart.

Rant complete. Feel free to delete if you don’t want it on the forum.
I get where you're coming from...I'm still working and dont need the money. At the same time I consider a company like Savvy to be a small company. I probably would never consider a set of Savvy Sliders but with this check if I get one I just might splurge for it. So I'm helping out small business and the guys who work there.

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
I get where you're coming from...I'm still working and dont need the money. At the same time I consider a company like Savvy to be a small company. I probably would never consider a set of Savvy Sliders but with this check if I get one I just might splurge for it. So I'm helping out small business and the guys who work there.
Thats an awesome idea.

My Dad wanted to move out of Illinois for decades due to the crooked politics and state debt but never did before he died this spring. Its not easy to leave a place where you have lived much of your adult life and you have kids, grandkids, great grandkids nearby.
Sorry about your Dad! I agree it is very tough to do that, I envy @Chris who can just up and move the family. We finally got my parents to retire to PA as we knew it would be impossible for them to stay here on LI. It was the best move they ever made. That is one of the reasons I pushed my kids to go to college out of state, yes it costs more to go to an out of state college, but if they can avoid having to grind it out here they will be better off in the long run.

I had lived in San Diego, CA since getting out of the military and had grown tired of the politics, liberals and cost of living. After living in CA for 40 years I had enough and changed my home of residence to FL; just bought a townhouse In Jacksonville.

I had lived in San Diego, CA since getting out of the military and had grown tired of the politics, liberals and cost of living. After living in CA for 40 years I had enough and changed my home of residence to FL; just bought a townhouse In Jacksonville.
I know it's still early after the move, but how is it. I mean do you feel a sense of relief?
I'm constantly thinking about doing the same thing.

I've been stationed in San Diego twice and traveled there for the Navy several dozens of times. Love going there. Dont ever want to live there again.

Reactions: CharlesHS
I know it's still early after the move, but how is it. I mean do you feel a sense of relief?
I'm constantly thinking about doing the same thing.
Still learning where things are in relation to my needs.
Presently the gas prices range from $1.90-1.99 in my area, but I have seen it as high as $2.10 at the big name stations.
My Jeep enjoys the better gasoline (less additives) and the HWY gas mileage has jumped 2 mpg.
The overall cost of living is much lower, we don't have a governor with a swelled ego (you can read that how you want).
In the winter months it rains more than Southern California and the humidity is quite nice, but I enjoy the rain.
The summer months are QUITE humid and temperatures range 63-95*, but this prepares me to visit the PI for several months.
This season the temperatures have been great ranging from as cold as 26* once to as high as 80* a few times, but generally 35-68*.

Last edited:
Reactions: B252
And this I can absolutely appreciate. Good on you.

What I detailed was simply one tiny portion of the issue, I wasn’t saying that was the only industry to focus on because I agree many other are also affected. But to pay out to everyone, such as the retired who are probably least affected makes zero sense to me. Just saying there has to be a better way to spend 90 million dollars that would truly help the nation.
900 Billion