What are your favorite license place relocation mounts and lights?

Neil Sears

TJ Enthusiast
Looking for feedback on your favorite license plate mounts, lights, or whatever.

Here are the two options that I'm considering:

Dual bolt lights or a single overhead light.

However based on your input could also go another direction.

Thanks in advance.

J114790_alt4.jpeg
J132830_alt10.jpeg

Do you bend the plate directly agains the tub? How do you get the bend so nice?

I want to do this, but don't want it to look like a hack job and don't want to pay $70 for the bracket.
I tried it on an old plate in case I hacked it up. I used a Clorox wipes container and it worked pretty good.

I want to do this, but don't want it to look like a hack job and don't want to pay $70 for the bracket.
Actually pretty easy. I just used the ground and bent it where I measured the approximate bend to be and then just trial and error. It’s pretty malleable so it can be bent fairly easy

I placed it where I wanted it on the tub and then started the bend around the tub corner radius. That let me know where the bend starts. I then pulled it off the tub and used my hands to form the bend. It is malleable enough to correct when over or under bending. Keep at it until you like how it is seating against the tub.

A license plate light is required here in California so free and easy will become an $80.00 fine in short order.
If you aren't keeping your stock taillights that provide a license plate light, then a set of license plate bolt lights are $10-20.