What brand of crankshaft sensor?

fourpointzero

TJ Addict
Looking for a crankshaft position sensor and it seems the Mopar (Part Number: 4897321AB) is no longer available. Does anyone know what other brand would be 'reliable' or best?

Thanks

I am the exception to the rule on this forum. I run all cheap Chinese ebay sensors on my Jeep and don't have problems. I can get 5 for the price of one Mopar sensor. I've never had one fail. If it did I'd spend another $15, in fact I can carry spares at the price I pay. Lots of spares. The laptop or tablet you typed this question on is probably made in China, I think you can trust them to make a stupid hall sensor.

I am the exception to the rule on this forum. I run all cheap Chinese ebay sensors on my Jeep and don't have problems. I can get 5 for the price of one Mopar sensor. I've never had one fail. If it did I'd spend another $15, in fact I can carry spares at the price I pay. Lots of spares. The laptop or tablet you typed this question on is probably made in China, I think you can trust them to make a stupid hall sensor.

Got the link? I'd be willing to try one out.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
@pagrey you make a great point. I’ll probably pick one up at Napa or Advance, simply because its easier to exchange or return in a pinch- if there’s any issues. Most likely whichever has good reviews. Thanks for the reasonable tip.

@Daryl thank you as well for the link and taking the time to locate, and post.

Reactions: Daryl
Looking for a crankshaft position sensor and it seems the Mopar (Part Number: 4897321AB) is no longer available. Does anyone know what other brand would be 'reliable' or best?

Thanks

Can I ask why you are looking for the 4897321AB ?
According to my research that part is for a vehicle with an automatic transmission; according to your profile you have a manual transmission. The proper part number for the manual transmission is 68407888AA.
Rock Auto and EBay have this Mopar OEM CKPS available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daryl
Can I ask why you are looking for the 4897321AB ?
According to my research that part is for a vehicle with an automatic transmission; according to your profile you have a manual transmission. The proper part number for the manual transmission is 68407888AA.
Rock Auto and EBay have this Mopar OEM CKPS available.

legitimate error on my part then. I searched via my phone then laptop, which lead me to various alternate brands. Wanted to avoid ebay (havent always had great results) and it looked like Mopar discontinued it, so I came to the forum.

Thanks for the update~

IMO crankshaft position sensor = PITA to replace(on an auto anyway) so MOPAR it is, camshaft position sensor = easy peasy, so non Mopar would be ok.

If something is easy to get to or replace it doesn't matter as much to me, but if it's difficult to replace or failure results in not running I'll go with Mopar if available.

legitimate error on my part then. I searched via my phone then laptop, which lead me to various alternate brands. Wanted to avoid ebay (havent always had great results) and it looked like Mopar discontinued it, so I came to the forum.

Thanks for the update~
I had the same feelings about Ebay as you, but I have ordered a few things from there in the past two years and have been very satisfied.

Reactions: fourpointzero