What can I expect to pay to have my header replaced?

t00th

TJ Enthusiast
'97 Sahara. Had it in for a lift last week (following a ton of help on this forum deciding what I wanted a few years back. Finally got around to it) and they found that the header was cracked.

Browsed a few threads and it sounds like rather than an OEM manifold, one of the $100 amazon headers with the flex joints is the right move.

Any thoughts on what I'm looking at to have it replaced? Before you say it, I will not be doing the work myself, and am unable to. I park on the street in a city, it is my only vehicle, and I don't have the skills at this point. Gotta shell out, unfortunately.

P.S. whichever jabroni installed the aftermarket exhaust for the previous owner routed it right next to the back rear shock and it melted through it. That was a fun call to get from the shop to let me know they'd need to do some exhaust work and more $$$.

Depends on your area and mechanic. $300-500 labor estimate. My wife's kid got a quote for $1185 to install a water pump on her Chrysler Aspen Hemi. My mechanic is going to do it for $365.

Ok great to hear, that's better than I expected. I have a place near me that replaced the steering column and rekeyed a new lock cylinder for $350. Three years prior, a shop a mile away did the same, plus a door and tailgate cylinder, for a grand. So hopefully this new place will come in low on the header as well.

don't worry I learned my lesson and have ample theft protection now. Shit is like fort knox.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

• Haha
Reactions: tr21triton