What do you think about driving topless

What is it about Jeeps? We've had multiple great convertibles but nothing feels like a Jeep...nothing.

My son drove to school topless in his CJ one 30 degree winter. Bundled up, froze, still no top.

Had to be 110 degrees in Vegas today. Long stoplights were miserable. But cruising in this heat at 45mph topless was still fun. The older I get the more fun this is...
d5fc3a42f4f22a1de8fa963dcb65038b.jpg

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

Have not yet had much opportunity to drive my TJ topless (replacing engine) but have had several other convertibles before. In the city, it's a combination of the euphoric pheeling of phlying coupled with the somewhat choking smell of exhaust gasses (at least I'm not in LA with the brown air :eek:).
But, in my neighborhood (in the urban sticks) or out in the countryside, it's just heaven. The sounds and sights...but especially the smells...particularly in spring when the flowers bloom and the rains come near...ahhhh, pure heaven.:sun_smiley:

I've had the top off since February! I just got CJ type mirrors so the doors are now off too. The top won't go back on until Monsoon Season gets here and it's supposed to rain every day.
Of course when Monsoon Season goes away, so does the top until it gets cold again, say, November?

Reactions: Upstater
Driving topless is the best, even in cloudy weather and rain. Is a bit like the feeling on a Sailing boat (if you have the right dress and hat).
I drove jaguars, morgans +8 and porsche topless and i am feeling like the happiest man in the world.

Markus
Switzerland

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
I've owned many MG's, Triumphs and Jags and one thing I miss with my TJ is having a split tonneau. It's a minor complaint but I really liked cold weather driving with the entire cockpit minus the driver's seat covered. When you put the heat on you were perfectly warm ... except for your head of course, but that was easy to overcome. Driving in the rain was fun too except for when you stopped.

I drive as often as possible with the top down and the doors off.
It's especially nice when driving under overhanging trees, or on a hot clear night.

I'm also a little weird that I enjoy driving in mild rain with the top on and doors off (on warm days).
I'll put on a rain jacket as there is a bit of sideways mist, but I find it extremely refreshing.

I'm sure when I'm driving by somebody in their sealed up car, stale air conditioning on drinking some artificially flavored whatever, txt'ing or watching their gps, we're both looking at each other like the other one is crazy :)

I have my top down 7-8 months of the year. I always like the "thumbs up" :emoji_thumbsup:I get from people passing me on the freeway (especially the women). I also like the look of envy by all those kids riding in their parents Lexus or Mercedes. Lastly, I enjoy the sense of freedom I get from driving topless. I'm never in a hurry to get where I'm going. In fact, most times when I drive I end up taking the long way home.

I take the doors and top off every chance I get. Mostly during Winter and Spring because the summers here in South Florida are very wet. We have had non-stop rain since Friday and per the forecasters it probably won't stop till middle of next week.

I don't take mine out of the garage unless I know it's not going to rain in spring, summer and fall. I never put the top on until it stays cold in winter. Then I just don't drive her for the winter. The top is on sitting in the garage just in case of an emergency.

Running around town topless is great. The warmth and sun and breeze is great. You really see different things and hear different things with no top.

Top off and door less in a Jeep is much windier than most convertibles. So I am always trying to keep my hat on - even with my hurricane straps keeping it from flying away, it still wants to take off! So if you see a Jeep wave from a guy with one hand on his head and steering with his knees...
You need a beanie like the kids wear. Or great sunglasses and "wild man" hair. Or grow a pony tail (not a mullet!) Or get a bandana. Think of it like riding a Harley when there is no helmet law...never see a guy with colors wearing a baseball cap.
[emoji12]

Reactions: StG58
I've had stuff blow out of the back that wasn't secured. Once it was one of my favorite zip up shirts. I really had it in the Jeep just for cooler days so I could slip it on while topless. I wanted it back so bad two days later I drove the 9 mile stretch one way looking for it on the side of the road. Didn't find it so I went the other way. Saw a short glimpse of black. Went back and there she was. Short story endless, to date I've never lost anything out of the Jeep, at least that wasn't found!

You need a beanie like the kids wear. Or great sunglasses and "wild man" hair. Or grow a pony tail (not a mullet!) Or get a bandana. Think of it like riding a Harley when there is no helmet law...never see a guy with colors wearing a baseball cap.
[emoji12]

Here in SC, we have it all. Including bearded mullets and no helmet law.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: StG58