What goes here? 2 Questions.

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knows what might plug into this thing my thumb is touching in the photo?

Also wondering if anything is supposed to go on the tray below in the corner or if anyone has utilized this space at all?

Thanks!
IMG_4784.jpg

Nothing goes in that tray actually, it's supposed to be empty. I believe it's meant for an ABS module, but the Wrangler TJ never came with ABS (at least not in the US, I'm not sure about other countries).

As for that plug, I'm not sure. Do you have cruise control on your TJ? If not, it could be the cruise control plug. The TJs come pre-wired for cruise control, even if you don't have it installed from the factory.

Nothing goes in that tray actually, it's supposed to be empty. I believe it's meant for an ABS module, but the Wrangler TJ never came with ABS (at least not in the US, I'm not sure about other countries).

As for that plug, I'm not sure. Do you have cruise control on your TJ? If not, it could be the cruise control plug. The TJs come pre-wired for cruise control, even if you don't have it installed from the factory.
Thanks Chris, I was just curious as i'm new to my TJ and exploring it further I keep finding things. I do not have Cruise Control, but I cannot help but think that would be a nice touch as we have a major road trip next year.

This product is designed to make use of the ABS mounting surface.

http://www.offroadtrailtools.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2
Very cool, this is actually what I was planning on doing with that corner tray if nothing really was supposed to go there. Not so much as a box, but I was going to make some kind of tool kit or auxiliary fluid tray (possibly emergency coolant).

I love that there IS extra room under the hood for such things.

Reactions: JP13
Thanks Chris, I was just curious as i'm new to my TJ and exploring it further I keep finding things. I do not have Cruise Control, but I cannot help but think that would be a nice touch as we have a major road trip next year.

Mine didn't come with cruise control either. I got all the parts I needed from eBay and installed it. Very, very easy since the TJs are pre-wired for it!

That ABS tray makes a great place for smaller OBA compressors. On mine it carries my air locker pumps.

I believe it's meant for an ABS module, but the Wrangler TJ never came with ABS (at least not in the US, I'm not sure about other countries).
ABS has been an option for all TJ model years here in the US, my '97 TJ came with ABS from the factory. :)

ABS has been an option for all TJ model years here in the US, my '97 TJ came with ABS from the factory. :)

Really!? I thought the TJs never had an ABS option.

Okay, then I misspoke... It was the Rubicon that never had an ABS option. That I know for sure!

Mine didn't come with cruise control either. I got all the parts I needed from eBay and installed it. Very, very easy since the TJs are pre-wired for it!

Is there a write up on this?
I considered at one time...actually while on a long trip lol, but figured it'd be too complicated

Find me a write up on cruise control for an LS and not a freaking JK.

Is there a write up on this?
I considered at one time...actually while on a long trip lol, but figured it'd be too complicated

It's really easy, I should do a write-up (and will).

All you need are the cruise control buttons that go on the steering wheel, the clockspring from a vehicle that had cruise control (make sure it's not from a vehicle where the airbag deployed), and then the cruise control unit that goes under the hood.

That's literally all you need. The wires for the cruise control are already tucked away under the hood. You just have to find them, plug it in, mount the cruise control module, install the clock spring and switches, and it will work!

Did it on mine, took me maybe 2 hours tops. I could do it in less than an hour the second time around.

Nope, it's for the ABS controller. The Power Distribution Center and battery remain where they are whether it's LHD or RHD.
I can't picture how there would be room for the brake booster, battery and PDC all on the right side though. The below pics are about all I could find, and it's from a 2005 TJ.

41690980.jpg

89025605.jpg